Thread: Great Customer Service - INCRA

Smile Great Customer Service - INCRA

As I mentioned in a previous thread, somehow, the INCRA 1000HD miter gauge I bought a few months ago got damaged. I have used it only a couple times and I was REALLY upset. I cant figure out what happened - theres no dents or dings (as if it was dropped) but there are 2 bent teeth on the protractor (at 90* and next to that) and the lever that locks in your angle is also slightly bent. I know it was fine when I bought it - I made some test cuts.

So I called INCRA. I explained all of that, making sure they knew that it arrived at my home in perfect condition. I asked them if I could ship it to them so that they could examine it and determine whether there was anything they could do under warranty or else just give me a repair estimate. Honestly, I didnt expect the damage to be warrantable (unless maybe they knew of some generic problem, which seemed pretty unlikely). But it needed fixed anyway so I mentioned it.

The man looked up my registration and said he could give me the replacement parts for free if I was willing to pay the shipping. When I asked, he confirmed that it was easy to swap the parts - no pressed in fittings, etc. So thats what we agreed to do. No muss. No fuss. No need for them to inspect the tool. No cross examination to understand whether I abused the tool. Not even any paperwork required (from me). Just a friendly, helpful guy representing a company that stands behind their product - even when they understand that the customer is probably at fault.

Think I'll buy INCRA again?

And I'll make a well-padded, armor-plated box to hold it on Saturday.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Great to hear as I have a number of rather expensive Incra products.

Of course they all operate perfectly but still, I like hearing this.

Great to hear that worked out well for you, should take the edge off that bad day! Enjoy it.
    "A good miter set up is like yoga pants: it makes everyone's butts look good." Prashun Patel

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quinn View Post
    Great to hear that worked out well for you, should take the edge off that bad day! Enjoy it.
    It sure did Peter! Im much relieved. Thanks!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Always nice to do business with a class act.

Class company delivering class products. Glad I have my 1000SE.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

I'm very happy with them as well. I dropped the leg of my 1000SE and one of the plastic white knobs broke. I called and the nice woman sent me one free of charge! She did say only this one time though :-)