Thread: GCC Laserpro X380 spare parts

GCC Laserpro X380 spare parts

Hi everyone,
    Do you know any place where we can buy spare parts (focal lenses, mirrors, etc) for a GCC X380 laser cutting machines? In Europe preferably, but other regions would be considered as well.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Carlos
    Laserpro GCC X380 100W
    Corel Draw 12
    Corel Draw X6

Not sure what your machine is. is it a co2 or something else? if its co2 it should take a standard Znse lens of your correct focal length and dia. lens and mirrors can be found on ebay. Just looked it up its a sealed co2 watercooled so yea ebay , lightobject ect ect theres several places on the net that sell what you need
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 01-25-2015 at 6:18 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Hi Bert,
    Is a co2, but my lense comes in a frame, so I suppose is specifically designed for this model, right?

Here is a link for the lense http://gccf.gcc.com.tw/distributor/i...3600G_X380.jpg

Many thanks.
    Laserpro GCC X380 100W
    Corel Draw 12
    Corel Draw X6

Well I'd goggle lens for your machine, you can always get them from the company also.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Barros View Post
    Hi Bert,
    Is a co2, but my lense comes in a frame, so I suppose is specifically designed for this model, right?

Here is a link for the lense http://gccf.gcc.com.tw/distributor/i...3600G_X380.jpg

Many thanks.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Take out the lens from the holder and fit another one from somebody like LightObject Carlos, they are all pretty much the same so long as you don't use an ultra cheap one. Bit of locktite and away you go at considerably less cost
    You did what !

Many thanks guys.
    Laserpro GCC X380 100W
    Corel Draw 12
    Corel Draw X6

Be careful which adhesive you use - you might want to research this a bit. There are hundreds of Loctite products. Laserbits sells Loctite 409 which they claim is good for optics although Henkel doesn't sell it specifically as such.

It is a gel cyanoacrylate which is better than the regular, as there is less chance of getting adhesive where it is not wanted. If that happens, you have probably ruined the optic. Some people use a few dots of epoxy.

I mounted a lens in a holder using three #2 screws with three thin plastic washers bearing just over the edge of the optic. I preferred to do it this way as I could remove and change the lens without dealing with adhesives.

While the replacement lenses can be found easily on Ebay for $25 or so, the GCC lenses
    are mounted in an aluminum frame and I'm not sure how to remove one without destroying
    the lens or frame (so you'll have no backup) And the CGG lens/holder combo is about
    $350 if I remember. I haven't found the holder anywhere else yet.
    The mirror holders appear to be steel plates but I'm not sure what they use for an adhesive.
    I replaced one mirror, but had to use a hammer to remove the old mirror. I broke it up into
    little pieces and sanded/polished the steel plate before putting the new mirror on. Not pretty.
    The mirror holders seem to be slightly different sizes

I ended up making a new lens holder out of acrylic before messing with the old lens. It works,
    but you have to be careful cleaning it. Any alcohol you use to clean can break down the
    acrylic if you touch it, and that smears an acrylic goo onto the lens.

I'd love to find a little shop that would machine these
    Avatar courtesy of the awesome Frank Corker
    30w Mercury and workbench so full of misc. tools that
    I can't find any of them. So I have to buy them again.

A small bit of %100 silicone caulk would do. If you get it on your lense it would peel right off after it drys. Try a little lacquer thinner on the glue to loosen it up before removing from the frame.

I do have a couple of cnc routers. Let me know the dimensions and I'll see what I can do.
    Technology Teacher - Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver 40w glass tube

I forgot to mention, I do have a couple of cnc routers. Let me know the dimensions or work up a drawing and I'll see what I can do.
    Technology Teacher - Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver 40w glass tube

Don't know what your lens holder is made of but if its metal you might try soaking it in acetone to loosen the glue it shouldn't hurt the lens any, you might come out with a super clean lens
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Tried that, Burt. I wish it would work!

Chris.. might be getting in touch about a holder. Can you machine aluminum on
    your CNC?
    Avatar courtesy of the awesome Frank Corker
    30w Mercury and workbench so full of misc. tools that
    I can't find any of them. So I have to buy them again.

Double post!
    Last edited by Chris Corwin; 01-30-2015 at 7:45 PM.

Yeah, I can machine aluminum. I have CNC routers, not a mill but they should do alright. I have machined out quite a bit of aluminum. I even scratch built a CNC router for school on my large machine.just send me the measurements or a drawing and I'll see what I can do.

Chiming in here,
    The lenses can be had almost anywhere as stated - just measure the "hole " with a caliper and find a repalcement. Since you need to remove the LENS, and not KNOWING how its secured- it "almost" looked to me in the picture it was "captured" in the carrier. That being said if it looks like it will "pop" out, .. solvent- ( acetone , super glue( ca) debonder - available at hobby store Denatured alcahol, Touelulene, etc ) possibly even soaking in water might lossen the lens. The critical thing I see here is not to damage the carrier by physical force.

IMHO

-J