Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Axiom cnc

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Stivison View Post
    I have an Axiom Pro 6 and it is an excellent machine in my opinion. I have only had it about a month but if you have anything I can help you with let know. Their tech person (Chad is very helpful). Don't hesitate to call him.
    Curt
    I'm seriously considering one. How do you like it now?

Thanks
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by John Krumlauf View Post
    Glad to see this thread get revitalized. I just picked up an Axiom Pro 6 this morning from Wood Werks in Columbus. I have a few questions that maybe someone could answer. First, how do you change the units from MM to IN? I browsed through the menu options, but didn't see it. Second, is it possible to reconfigure it to make the gantry the Y axis rather than X? I'm sure I could convert my brain if I have to. I've created a handful of projects in V-Carve Pro 8 in anticipation of the CNC arrival, and generally consider the reverse. Thirdly, can spindle speed be set in the G-code? I'm sure I've seen this asked before, but don't remember seeing an answer.

thanks

I found the answers to speed control and units change. nada on both from what I've read. On the other, I guess if I have to think metric, I can live with the X gantry axis!!
    All my CNC is Metric, get used to it. I even have a Metric tape measure!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

If Axiom doesn't supply a machine that works with English units, then I will just have to get used to one of the other dozens of CNC router manufacturers that do. Oh wait, I already did.

I use the Pro 8 system and it has served me very well. The hand held controller is the same model of the Laguna IQ table model machine. The machine is very reliable and you will be glad to have it. My only complaint after two years is that I need a bigger machine for what my business requires. I build furniture and cabinets and am now looking to buy a 4x8 machine made in the USA by Legacy Woodworking Machinery in Utah. It is a five axis machine that I taught CNC machining as a vocational Instructor. I also taught G-code as well. However, you will enjoy the Pro 6. If you are like me, My wife has to threaten me to come in for a meal as have too much fun with mine.

My AR6 should arrive in a few days, I used to use a big ShopBot, and more recently a small Iconic (don’t buy one). I was just looking through the manual, it’s not very clear, but is spindle speed set manually and not read from the job file? Seems odd for a machine of the this size/price. Obviously not a deal-breaker, but odd.

Anyone have a link to a reliable speeds/feeds chart for use on the AR machine?

Thanks for assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Leblond View Post
    My AR6 should arrive in a few days, I used to use a big ShopBot, and more recently a small Iconic (don’t buy one). I was just looking through the manual, it’s not very clear, but is spindle speed set manually and not read from the job file? Seems odd for a machine of the this size/price. Obviously not a deal-breaker, but odd.

Anyone have a link to a reliable speeds/feeds chart for use on the AR machine?

Thanks for assistance.
    Delayed reply and you have likely figured this out by now, but to answer your question. Yes the speed needs to be set manually, and the software can only turn the spindle on and off. the know on the remote display for the VFD on the front of the control box controls the speed. It displays in HZ which is useless. There is a way to change it to RPM in 1k increments which is way better. Mine is set up that way but I cant recall how my dealer did it. Some searching may yield a result, it involves changing the parameters of the VFD itself. Enjoy your Axiom!!
    30w eBay fiber laser
    Axiom Precision AR4 Pro CNC router
    40W CO2 Laser
    CNC Lathe
    Vinyl Cutter
    Roland Eco Solvent Printer
    Anycubic Photon
    Corel X7
    some other stuff I dont want my wife to find out about

Love my AR8Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Schwartz View Post
    Can anyone tell me how they like their Axiom Pro? I'm particularly interested in accuracy and capability, and would like to know how the water cooled spindle performs. I just sold a 5' x10' Shopbot Alpha with a Colombo 3HP Spindle, I needed the room in my shop, and am interested in replacing it with a smaller format such as the 2'x4' Axiom which I can index to cut longer items such as a carved mantle. How does it perform in 3D? Is anyone in or near the Spokane WA area?
    Attachment 356128
    I've had an AR*Pro 24 x 48 format for two years now and love it. Not cheap, but accuracy and reliability is worth it. The 3HP water cooled spindle is outstanding. Axiom are a great company with whom to work.