Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Axiom cnc

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Stivison View Post
    I have an Axiom Pro 6 and it is an excellent machine in my opinion. I have only had it about a month but if you have anything I can help you with let know. Their tech person (Chad is very helpful). Don't hesitate to call him.
    I'm seriously considering one. How do you like it now?

Iowa USA
    Quote Originally Posted by John Krumlauf View Post
    Glad to see this thread get revitalized. I just picked up an Axiom Pro 6 this morning from Wood Werks in Columbus. I have a few questions that maybe someone could answer. First, how do you change the units from MM to IN? I browsed through the menu options, but didn't see it. Second, is it possible to reconfigure it to make the gantry the Y axis rather than X? I'm sure I could convert my brain if I have to. I've created a handful of projects in V-Carve Pro 8 in anticipation of the CNC arrival, and generally consider the reverse. Thirdly, can spindle speed be set in the G-code? I'm sure I've seen this asked before, but don't remember seeing an answer.

I found the answers to speed control and units change. nada on both from what I've read. On the other, I guess if I have to think metric, I can live with the X gantry axis!!
    All my CNC is Metric, get used to it. I even have a Metric tape measure!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa. , Ray Fine 20w Galvo Fiber laser , LightObject 40w CO2. MakerGear M2 3D Printer. Qe60+ Vinyl cutter. Automation Tech Chinese 6040 Router running on Mach3 and UC400ETH

Deep South
    If Axiom doesn't supply a machine that works with English units, then I will just have to get used to one of the other dozens of CNC router manufacturers that do. Oh wait, I already did.