Thread: Starting a new adventure

Blog Entries

Starting a new adventure

After 35 1/2 years with the same company, on Feb. 1, I am going to retire. I have a lot on my list that I want to do. As I have told some friends, I may not do everything I hope to do, but I'm not going to sit in the house and watch Gunsmoke all day.

Trips to take (and some will be by train), woodworking projects to build, golf to be played and children and grandchildren to visit.

We've taken several train trips. Real nice way to travel.
    We also are very active in our senior center, and have made many new friends there.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

After being gone from Houston Looting & Plunder for almost 20 years one thing I can tell you is that you will never figure out how you managed to fit you job into your life for all those years. ENJOY

Congratulations Jim! We retired 4 years ago. We have managed to stay busy and enjoy retirement. And yet.....as Wayne said......there are times when you wonder how you ever had time to work.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Being retired I miss my days off.

Blog Entries
    I'm not going to sit in the house and watch Gunsmoke all day.
    What, I didn't know that was an option. What station is it on?

Me too.

Congratulations Jim, keep busy and live long.

I have known too many people who retired, went home and decided to relax for the first month or so and didn't make it any longer than that.

Let every day be a blessing and it will seem that way.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Every morning is a Sunday, enjoy it and rub it in to those who still work.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Jim, a huge congrats to you! You will enjoy it immensely. Last Dec 31st makes 4 years for me, 2½ for LOML. There is no way we could rejoin the rat race.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

What's retirement...The day I retire is the day I die...Didn't plan for the future....

Congratulations Jim!
    Fred

Congratulations Jim !!!!

Now some things you really need, a good calendar, it is hard to keep up with what day of the week it is.
    A Texas travel book from the state, there are tons of things to do here in Texas and the book shows them by area.
    A good watch so you know what time it is and when to go eat lunch.
    Good pair of walking shoes, you now have the time to go for a good walk now and then.

Enjoy it, I know I do and have now for the last year and a half.

Ain't that the truth!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thompson View Post
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

A good friend of mine confided that "The best part of retirement is Sunday night". Ever since the 6th Grade, Sunday night has been frought with anxiety or fear with the inpending doom of Monday (assignments due, return to work, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    A good friend of mine confided that "The best part of retirement is Sunday night". Ever since the 6th Grade, Sunday night has been frought with anxiety or fear with the inpending doom of Monday (assignments due, return to work, etc.).
    On the flip side, I like to say When you're retired Every day is Saturday. Saturday was the day we always looked forward to.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney