Thread: Getting to the first unread post in a thread

Getting to the first unread post in a thread

I am able in other forums to open a thread and immediately see the first post I have not read in that particular thread.

Here I cannot. If I open a thread I am put at the first post in the thread, even if there are nine that I read so far. I have to scroll down and try to figure out the first one I have not read.

Is there a way I can be taken to the first post I have not read in a thread?

Tony, clicking on the down arrow to the left of the thread title will take you to the first unread post.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Tony, clicking on the down arrow to the left of the thread title will take you to the first unread post.
    This is not a problem for me but now I'm curious. I don't see a down arrow to the left of the title?

Jim, see attached:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    That is a good thing to know. Thanks.

Bruce, thanks for the tip, but those down arrows don't seem to be working as I would expect. They seem to always take me to the most recent post, not the last one I've read. There also doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when those arrows show up next to the thread titles. There are some threads that were started today that I haven't read at all, but have no arrow. Yet there are other threads that were started today or yesterday, with updates today, that I haven't read, that do have those arrows. I can't figure out how those are supposed to be working.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher