I've been using more sheet goods, which has pointed out the need to replace my circular saw. Had been reading and looking into track saws for the past year or so, but hadn't convinced myself of the need. A fellow Creeker recently offered an EZ Smart system at a fair price, so i purchased it. Now i need to select a circular saw to use with it. Since i'm a hobby woodworker, and full-time home owner, the ability to disconnect for rough framing every now and then would be a great asset. Budget is always an issue, i'm more comfortable at $80 than $200, but the high end could be done. In reading reviews of the EZ Smart system, many of the comments on saw selection are 5 to 8 years old, so i'm looking for just an update--if enough changed to warrant consideration of any given saws.

I'm seeing 2 potential paths in the selection--1. buy a "great" CS--or--2. since the system is claimed to work well with most any circular saw, go to the low end of the range ($80 will buy a reconditioned Bosch CS10, light years better than where i am today). I see the Makita 5008MGA get a lot of positive mention with this system, so i'm viewing that as the high end of the spectrum. Side question--if i buy an 8 1/4" saw, could i use 7 1/4" blades part of the time to save a little on blades?

If you use the EZ Smart or similar, what saw do you like and why? Now that you have the saw--is there a different saw that you think may have been a wiser purchase?

Thanks,
earl