Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thieves

The sad thing is an alarm system does virtually nothing. You can see all these smash and grab that happen in well lit, alarmed, and even open, businesses. Its a deterrent for the idiot thieves but will likely do nothing for anyone who really wants in.

Its a fear for anyone, and moreso for those of us who rely on the items they'd steal for our livelihood. Even with insurance, the inconvenience and replacement would likely bankrupt many small businesses.

What I think of thieves can not be posted on this forum. My shop is 10 feet from my bedroom window, there is a shop dog, and there are self defense items in my bedroom.

We are all living the illusion that we have become a civilized society, but we are really one disaster away from survival of the fittest rules. People are animals and as I read the news I am glad I live where I do even if I am missing out on some things by living out here. Being in construction I have been hit a few times. They came in with two large trucks and stole the whole top floor of a house I was building that had been delivered but was still on the ground. Amazing, and that was out here in the country. I have friends that work in the city and the stories they tell and the lengths they have to go to to protect their materials and tools is just astounding.

Sorry you and yours have to deal with this Shawn, it does leave an empty feeling in ones heart.

How sad and I feel sorry this happened to you and your wife. It is always the innocent ones that suffer and have to jump through hoops to make things right again. Many of us have been violated by thieves, me included, and it is always upsetting. Hang in there and I hope everything returns to normal soon.
    Sometimes decisions from the heart are better than decisions from the brain.

Enjoy Life...