Thread: Mortise Pal Going Out of Business

Mortise Pal Going Out of Business

Received an email from Mortise Pal today announcing they are going out of business. They are having a 50% off sale on all remaining stock.

Thought I would give a heads up to the community.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I checked their website....no mention of a sale, but did notice they are out of stock on the $214 jig.

http://mortisepal.com/storefront.htm...0&sort=nameAsc
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

I imagine the Festool Domino really cut into their business. They were a lot less expensive than a Domino but the Domino was faster.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    This is a shame. An American small business with a great product. Glad I have one and I use it frequently.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Dowelmax( Canadian company ) would have gone out of business as well had they not moved their production to China.Jessem is still around though.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    This is a shame. An American small business with a great product. Glad I have one and I use it frequently.
    My thoughts as well. It's a product that I don't happen to have a use for, but well made and well thought out. I hope they've simply moved onto other things that are doing better for them.

Now their web site seems dead.

Really sad. I have one and love it. the best way to mortise for the price.

My only complaint is that they upgraded three times over the years and the templates were not always compatible between versions.
    “Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity”

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Circo View Post
    Website seems to be working for me.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Circo View Post
    Works just fine for me also

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    Works just fine for me also
    Website is fine but when you click the "buy" tab you get a message that the store is closed. I've wanted one of these for some time but the price was a bit out of my range. If anyone knows more about the 50% reduction offer, please post or send me a PM.
    Thanks!
    Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????

Blog Entries
    Clicked on Scott's link and got a Store is Closed for Maintenance
    Wednesday at 12:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    Clicked on Scott's link and got a Store is Closed for Maintenance
    Wednesday at 12:30 PM
    Same here...looks like they're shutting down.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Guess he sold everything out pretty quickly. the buy tab does not work for me either now.
    George

I just got this email, really sad.

Thank you for your support over the last 7 years. But with great regret and sadness I must announce that Mortise Pal is going out of business. I've experienced an increase in the cost of manufacturing lately that makes continued production of the product untenable.

I have stock remaining on several accessory items and spare parts and are offering them at a 50% savings. Stock is limited to the quantity on hand. Please pay attention to which jig you have when ordering accessory items. V3 jigs use an 11/16" OD guide bushing and the V1/V2 jig uses a 5/8" OD bushing. Please take a look at the template section of the store. I have many "in-between" sized templates that may or may not have been available when you ordered. I've also got some regular Whiteside router bits that were surplus stock from the early days as well as the custom "Long-Reach" bits that Whiteside made for me.

The on line store will be live for a week or so and then closed for good.

Please use coupon code MP2014

Sincerely,

Robert Gill
    Mortise Pal

mortisepal.com/storefront.html

Sad,
    I got the email earlier this week and ordered some loose tenons and got another email today. This year I made 6 walnut dining chairs using their jig and tenons, worked great on compound angles.