Thread: were did my help post go????

were did my help post go????

Seems were really getting heavy handed moderation someone moved my post asking for help, no notice no explanation.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Heavy handed? It was moved to the Classified section.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Heavy handed? It was moved to the Classified section.
    I guess I would have told him what was done.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    I guess I would have told him what was done.
    I did not move it. There was/is a re-direct left in the Engravers forum.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

how was that figured to be a classified, I've seen many post here people asking the same thing for another engraver to do some work for them. There was no mention of money just asking if someone could help find someone to do this for me.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I can help you out Bert, I'm straight up from AZ so shipping is no problem. PM me--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Bert,

A request for service in a newspaper is normally found in the classifieds advertisement section and one would expect to do the same here at SMC.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

It wasn't a request for service it was asking for help from fellow engravers, nothing mentioned about money as I had a previous post moved because I offered to pay.Gezz the rules keep changing.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert

I didn't move it either but had I seen it first I would have. It was perceived as an ad whether you think so or not. All ads, regardless of their nature, must be placed in the classified forum. No exceptions.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Bert,

I moved both of your threads. The first one because I interpreted it as a want ad. I moved this one because our Support Forum is where these kinds of questions belong.

The rules haven't changed but on any given day it is not uncommon for people to make inadvertent errors or simply disagree on any given subject. I had intended to send you a Private Message as soon as I could but my schedule here is dictated by over 88,000 people and I try to spend my time as wisely as I can and keep things going as best I can with first preference going to our Contributors as you know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Seems were really getting heavy handed moderation someone moved my post asking for help, no notice no explanation.
    Without trying to find out what happened, I would say this is a pretty heavy handed response.

Bert,I've had a bunch of my posts zapped.........we're a professional shop here,it must be the language?I respond...thinking it's a reasonable approach to the O.P. and it gets zapped.It really is no big deal.Heck,on one forum that I frequent...don't think I've ever made a post that wasn't moved to a different area?Kinda like trying to hit a moving target?Hope you're getting some riding in.....love your avatar,BW