Thread: Enco 20" (199-9110) / Grizzly G1258 Bandsaw Help

Enco 20" (199-9110) / Grizzly G1258 Bandsaw Help

I recently picked up an Enco 20" bandsaw on CL for a song and am in the process of getting back into fighting shape. So far I know that the guide bearing and tires will need to be changed but considering that I'm only into the saw for $200 it seems like I can spend a lot more before I lose the great-deal warm fuzzies. That said, it does look like there is some jerry rigging going on with the upper guide bearing bracket and I was hoping someone with a similiar style machine (based on the manuals the G1258 looks like a dead-ringer) would be able to take a couple pictures of the upper guide bearing bracket so I can see exactly what was changed. I've attached a couple pictures of the current set-up.

Don't be distracted by the stack of black locust in the background - that's going up on my deck shortly

IMG_2031.JPGIMG_2029.JPGIMG_2030.JPG

Bump to the top

Your pictures are too dark, it's hard to see any details.
    Have you tried doing a Google Image search? Several images come up, but again, it's hard to see what you've got.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney