Thread: Shortening Blum leg levelers?

Shortening Blum leg levelers?

Y'know those black plastic leg levelers from Blum, Titus, and others? The ones that toe kick boards clip to? Their minimum height is 3 3/4". I need some levelers that are about 3" tall. Does anybody know offhand if I can cut the standard parts down to get 3"?

I looked at a blum that I had. You could unscrew the adjustable foot from the leg and leave it off to gain 3/4". Or you could cut the leg from the bottom, but the threads are only 13/16" deep in the leg and you wouldn't have much thread engagement left. You would also have to cut the male threaded portion of the foot. Looks doable, but just barely and you would need to do one to make sure that it would actually still work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Justis View Post
    I looked at a blum that I had. You could unscrew the adjustable foot from the leg and leave it off to gain 3/4". Or you could cut the leg from the bottom, but the threads are only 13/16" deep in the leg and you wouldn't have much thread engagement left. You would also have to cut the male threaded portion of the foot. Looks doable, but just barely and you would need to do one to make sure that it would actually still work.
    Thanks for looking. I think I'll fabricate my own.

I had to do exactly that when the contractor put the bay window behind the sink an inch too low. I cut the thick foot off the adjustable bottom leaving only the 1/16" think top layer - rigged up a jig to hold them firmly and used my RAS to neatly cut the bottoms off - the plastic 'sawdust' was a bit of a pain but the legs worked fine and I got my counter top down to where i need it to be