Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curt's shop tour

Blog Entries

Curt's shop tour

I've been meaning to do this for a while but never got around to it. Boy you say, your shop is clean. You must not do any work in there. Well, I just finished a project and as usual I cleaned the shop and blow it down good prior to starting the next project. I do get in there and make some dust, honest.
    Building was finished in Nov 2010. It is 24' x 32' with 8' ceiling. I began making it a shop right away. My other hobbies is building and flying radio controlled airplanes. This is why their are two work benches. The tall bench has a torsion box on top so it is ridged and very flat for building planes. Video was filmed 29Nov2014.

Click below link to goto YouTube video

Shop Equipment Tour

All the Best
    Curt

Wood Shop_3.jpgWood Shop_4.jpgWood Shop_ 9.jpgWood Shop_2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Curtis Myers; 11-29-2014 at 4:38 PM. Reason: add photos

Beautiful shop! Thanks for posting.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Nice shop space! Judging by the size of those props on the wall, you must be into building/flying giant scale models. I was flying smaller RC planes (Sig 'Somethin Extra, Goldberg Ultimate Bipe) up until a few years back, and I still have a few YS .91 4-cycles (new in box) laying around. I keep wanting to get back into the hobby, but too many hobbies and not enough time ;-(
    Remember, in the next world you're on your own!

Thanks for the tour! How do you like that twin vice? I've thought about getting one of those....
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tour Curt. I think you have a super nice shop.

PHM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ebert View Post
    Nice shop space! Judging by the size of those props on the wall, you must be into building/flying giant scale models. I was flying smaller RC planes (Sig 'Somethin Extra, Goldberg Ultimate Bipe) up until a few years back, and I still have a few YS .91 4-cycles (new in box) laying around. I keep wanting to get back into the hobby, but too many hobbies and not enough time ;-(
    Mark,
    I know what you mean "toooo many hobbies and not enough time". On really nice days, nothing gets done in the shop.
    I fly aerobatic type planes (extra 260, and edge 540). They live in an enclosed trailer.

Curt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Busenitz View Post
    Thanks for the tour! How do you like that twin vice? I've thought about getting one of those....
    Jesse,
    Twin vise with 3/4" holes on bench top. Entire bench becomes a vise. Use it ALL the time. Cannot imagine being without it.
    Everything I've used or seen from LeeValley/Veritas is very high quality.

Curt

That is a nice serious shop with some serious equipment. I did not see a lathe? Guess you have not got been sucked into the vortex YET.

Blog Entries
    Just beautiful Curt. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I saw the pops hanging up right away!!! I do the same thing with my large scale props! Seems a common theme with Model aviation enthusiasts and woodworking. I need a trailer to store my larger aircraft too. Love your shop as well...very nice. Do you build your aircraft in there? Or do you have a basement shop for that!
    Wonder rather than doubt is the root of all knowledge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Williams 53072 View Post
    I saw the pops hanging up right away!!! I do the same thing with my large scale props! Seems a common theme with Model aviation enthusiasts and woodworking. I need a trailer to store my larger aircraft too. Love your shop as well...very nice. Do you build your aircraft in there? Or do you have a basement shop for that!
    only have one workshop. The taller workbench has a torsion box as a top keeping it ridged and very flat for building planes.

Beautiful workshop. Well equipped too.
    Sorry my message is so long, I didn't have time to write a short one.

Beautiful shop. I saw the wood panel with the image of a mid 50's Ford 1/2 pickup as well as the propellers and a vehicle license plate I do not recognize (may be Illinois). Are the planes you fly yourself or Radio Controlled? The prop's look like large scale R/C to me.

I dream about a shop like that.

That bandsaw... holy smokes. I have serious envy!

Beautiful shop and some great equipment. I, like you, keep my shop clean from project to project. It just makes for a nicer place to work. I'm in a basement workshop so it saves the house from getting trashed too.

Red
    RED