Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hammer A3-31 Owners, Please Help

Ian, I think people casting doubts should verify their facts and then the doubts would not be debated because that is what is happening. With no solid facts of the matter someone gets on an internet forum and says something without any facts to back it up.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Now that the water is really muddy about the Hammer machine, check out Rojekusa website, they have a 12" jointer surfacer combo that you do not hinge to use the surfacer, so no fence issue. Price fob 2800. Check it out.

It seems clear that a few have had some issues with machines Jim, but it's important I'd say not to extrapolate too much from this. In that by definition those that are happy tend not to post. One or two examples are just that....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    Now that the water is really muddy about the Hammer machine, check out Rojekusa website, they have a 12" jointer surfacer combo that you do not hinge to use the surfacer, so no fence issue. Price fob 2800. Check it out.
    Jim, thanks for sharing that. Unfortunately there is so little info out there on this machine and it comes with a Tersa head as well. The site is copyright 2003 which doesn't instill confidence in me at all (and if you go to the Tech Mark site its copyright 2001, both seem extremely outdated). The price point is definitely appealing but aside from a passing email bout Rojek I have not seen anyone ever talk about it. That would make me very nervous, not to mention support if I needed it.

I have not used my a3-31 to offer any info there, but I found that the Rockler All Terrain base works extremely well with the machine.

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-all-t...-up-to-800-lbs

The story I got from Ruan was anything of any consequence, i.e. high tolerance parts, was made at their own factory. Things like bolts, screws, some electrical parts, come from other places. All the forgings are done in house. It is interesting to me that no U.S. company that I'm aware of makes a true slider. After having used one for the last few years, I would never go back to a conventional cab saw.