Thread: CW5000 and GWEIKE Laser help needed (begging for help, really)

CW5000 and GWEIKE Laser help needed (begging for help, really)

i had my laser since june... i used demineralised water to fill the chiller (as in title, the popular cw5000), and now, i have my laser tube filled with little algae (i think) that swim throu an end to another...
    i cleaned the chiller 4-5 times, first using some vinegar, with no result, then tryed some cillit bang... after that, i washed with plenty of water, cleaned the laser tube (a 80w RECI tube), filling half of it with water, and turning it upside down, a few times...
    still, after all this time consuming operations, there is still a lot of white stuff going throu the water...
    can i mount some kind of filter, to collect all that junk from water, like the fuel filters from cars?
    is any solution to stop that yukky stuff to form in the future?

5ml of household bleach will do it.

I wouldn't put a filter in the line in case you reduce the flow rate and the flow sensor misses it

cheers

dave
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    5ml of household bleach will do it.

I wouldn't put a filter in the line in case you reduce the flow rate and the flow sensor misses it

cheers

dave

should i leave it in the water and run the chiller with the bleach from now on? or just to clean it and then stick with PURE water?

I just added a table spoon of bleach to my water and that was enough to turn a test strip the right color (which is a lavender) Dave said to leave it in the water should be fine. Just don't put to much in it only takes a little. 1 table spoon to about 5 gallons of water is enough.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I added about 30% RV anti freeze because of the same problem. No problem with algae for 3 years. I would empty the system first and use fresh water with the RV fluid
    GWeike LC6090 130 Watt 24" x 36" Table
    Shopbot 96 x 48
    Kossel Clear 3D Printer

Hi share with you this

I finally managed to clear it using a 5%-10% solutions of hydrochloric acid solution "Trade4 Brick & Patio Cleaner" available from Travis Perkins merchants (UK).
    I detached the tube filled the tube half way for an hour turning it occasionally then rinsed the tube out thoroughly.
    I replaced the chiller water also
    now the alarm on the chiller has cleared and the flow through the tube is back to normal.
    Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by tadici mihai View Post
    i had my laser since june... i used demineralised water to fill the chiller (as in title, the popular cw5000), and now, i have my laser tube filled with little algae (i think) that swim throu an end to another...
    i cleaned the chiller 4-5 times, first using some vinegar, with no result, then tryed some cillit bang... after that, i washed with plenty of water, cleaned the laser tube (a 80w RECI tube), filling half of it with water, and turning it upside down, a few times...
    still, after all this time consuming operations, there is still a lot of white stuff going throu the water...
    can i mount some kind of filter, to collect all that junk from water, like the fuel filters from cars?
    is any solution to stop that yukky stuff to form in the future?
    Jinan G.WEIKE laser

thx for all the good tips...
    i've put 5ml of bleach in the chiller tank and i will let the water run for 1-2 hours... then, i will remove all the water, wash the tube for the remaining junks, fill with distilled water and i'll put just a little antifreezer to make it have a color... should i add bleach in the tank with distilled water and antifreeze or antifreeze is enough??

Jim Olsen, the owner of Brightstar recommends 50/50 antifreeze. I think he said by doing that you shouldn't ever have to change it. I did it a few years ago and it still looks good.

I have been advised by Rabbit Laser USA to never add anti freeze to laser tube water. big no no according to Ray Scott at Rabbit Laser. He said if I did and the tube failed it would void my warranty.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I have been advised by Rabbit Laser USA to never add anti freeze to laser tube water. big no no according to Ray Scott at Rabbit Laser. He said if I did and the tube failed it would void my warranty.
    How long is the warranty on your tube. Remember that the date on the tube is the starting date of your warranty so you may already be out of warranty after just a couple of weeks.

The tube is 90 days was new on oct 5 th so still has some time , but its really irrelevant, if he says its possible to hurt the tube why would I do it at any point in time if it might destroy my tube?
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander