Thread: trouble with clear vue

trouble with clear vue

I only woodwork in the winter time,so the shop is empty in the summer and fall. When I went to clean the shop floor today, I had no suction at my floor sweeps. The clear vue sounds the same but no suction. I took the ducting apart at the rectangle duct cumming out of the cyclone and no plug, but there was about 2 inches of wood shavings laying in the rectangle duct and on the spiral ramp inside the cyclone. So i thought the filters were plugged, so I took the clean out cap off at the bottom of the filters and no air blowing out. The clear vue is about 10 or 12 years old and has always worked perfectly. The only thing I can think of is the coupeling between the motor and impeller is slipping and not allowing the impeller to spin at full speed, But from what I can see and hear it looks and sounds the same as it did last winter. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Mike

Did you try other blast gates? Something is almost certainly plugged up somewhere. Some sort of nest at the top of the filters, perhaps? Take the whole filter stack off and see what happens.

Thanks John
    I don't know why I didn't think of a filter plug earlier, as it was the only thing left. After this many years, and lots of times running the bin over it's time for new filters, and a bin alarm.

PS: the filters on it now are about 12x34 are these the same ones that are used on the new Clear Vues, and where can they be had.

Thank You
    Mike

Most of us get our filters from Wynn Environmental. He stocks the filters, and has the kind you want. I went with the oversize filter on my cyclone, made the thing breathe better. I only have a 2 hp system, need all the performance I can get from it. He knew exactly what I needed, told me how to set it up.