Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where to find artwork for engraving

This is what I do for my artwork, buts it's a manual job and very time consuming.

my work is simple line art, so it's just a case of tracing over everything with the pen tool in illustrator.
    Trotec Speed 400 120W | JobControl 10.6 | Atmos Duo | Adobe Illustrator CC | CorelDraw X8

all-free-download * com has TONS of good, free vectors (website name DOES include the dashes)

takes a while to learn what is their stuff, and which is the ad for other 'for-pay' websites - but well worth it !!!
    Mike

Proud 24-yr USAF Veteran

COMPUTER: Dell Optiplex 620 - XP
    LASER HARDWARE: Pinnacle 25W Mercury,
    LaserPro 50W Explorer
    SOFTWARE: Corel X3, CS4 Suite, Photoshop Web Suite CS3, Solidworks
    FIRMWARE: My brain

Hi Dave,

I am looking for a heap of clip art etc to offer as part of engraving timber phone cases, chopping boards and plaques.

Would you happy to show me what you have?

Cheers Ian

Ian all you have to do is look on the web theres gazillions of stuff out there to find some free some pay.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

And if you purchase Corel Draw you get a lot of decent clip art. I have found that the "free" clip art online often comes with other unwanted programs and the free is worth what you pay for it. What you are downloading in some cases may look great on your screen but its really a low resolution and won't scale or engrave well at all.

Your in a business prepare to spend some money. Most is copyrighted so if your selling this stuff you risk legal problems. Between my plasma cutter, CNC router and now the laser I have spent a lot of money on decent vector art.
    Last edited by Bill George; 12-29-2015 at 9:39 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10