Hello

I bought a Milwaukee ms 216 sb miter saw this week and noticed
    to my unpleasant surprise, that the fence is not straight; the left
    side is not aligned with the right side. See this
    movie:

http://youtu.be/eKGrz1FC7qU?list=UUA...Vw02_fp42psTCQ

As far as I know this can't be adjusted, as the fence consists of a single
    piece of metal. Or can it?

Is this a normal tolerance or a production error? (or is it supposed to be like this)

Jos
    Last edited by jos van riswick; 10-31-2014 at 8:14 PM. Reason: additional explanation

Could be damaged in transport, or production error. It's not usable as is- I would fix it or return it. Sometimes loosening the bolts holding the the fence to the base and adjusting the fences to the ruler before tightening will do it. If the fence is bent (either side not flat against the ruler) or if the quick fix doesn't help I would return it. For reference my Festool fence was not straight by 0.05mm, which I found acceptable.

My neighbor borrowed my Bosch miter saw to cut a few pieces of 2x4s and managed to destroy the blade and bend the fence which was no longer straight ,pretty much like yours.
    It cost me just under $200 to replace the blade and the fence,If you can not return the saw then your only choice is to replace the fence,with the old one you could try to realign it by taking it off and hitting it lightly on the back of it with a rubber mallet,keep checking the alignment in the process.mine is almost perfect but didn't have the patience to finish it and make it useable , it is possible to straighten it if you take your time to do it right.

Jos ... the fence was most-likely machined in a single pass and was straight at the time.
    Since then, the casting has stress-relieved, causing the mis-match.
    I would expect that you should be able to get a warranty replacement part.
    Otherwise: make a temporary fence out of plywood ... and hang the aluminum one out-side for the winter.
    In May: take it to a machine shop for the faces to be 'skimmed'.

ok thnx.... hm yes I'll write back to the shop where I ordered it first....... Jos