Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jet DC-1100 and DC-1200 Vortex Cone Upgrade

I ordered the cone and bracket from Tool Parts Pro in mid-November and haven't heard a peep from them since then. Calls to the number listed get a recorded message that they're all busy and you can leave a message if you want. No response yet. About to protest the credit card charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Carey View Post
    I ordered the cone and bracket from Tool Parts Pro in mid-November and haven't heard a peep from them since then. Calls to the number listed get a recorded message that they're all busy and you can leave a message if you want. No response yet. About to protest the credit card charge.
    I had the same problem with an order from them. I sent an email to sales@ToolpartsPro.com and received a response the next day with an explanation an estimated ship date.

I too have been wanting to upgrade my DC 1100. I called partspro to make sure that they had it in stock before ordering and was told that the item was backordered. I called Jet Tools and was told that they have 128 DC 1100-CA in stock. Fortunately for me the main Jet/Powermatic/Wilton warehouse is only 12 miles from me. The hardest part was having to call my local woodcraft to pay through them before I could go to Jet and pick one up for a total of $32.78.

I just ordered both the bracket & cone. Hopefully I will have some good luck paying through Amazon pay. I have been wanting to upgrade my Jet since finding it on Craigslist for $100.00 a few years back. I will re-post if & when I get it. Please anyone who has received their order let us know. Thanks

I followed Roger's example and sent an email to sales@toolpartspro.com. It's been almost a week and no response.

As an update re toolpartspro.com, they never responded to my email but even better, and in fairness to toolpartspro, the cone assembly was shipped last Monday.

As an update to the update, I live in Delaware - toolpartspro sent the cone assembly to Vermont! Apparently no way to redirect that one and now they are wait listed. Buyer beware.

I just got an email saying that my order (cone assembly) has shipped. The email showed my address as the shipping address. Fingers crossed.

I have an older Jet DC-1100 that had the bag on it and I upgraded it with a Wynn canister. Does anyone know if this cone will work in my case?

Wayne

I ordered the same thing back in October and it ended up shipping 3 weeks after I placed my order. I was a little worried at first but when I went back to look at the item is said, will ship in about 2 weeks on their website. I have it installed now and could not be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jolly View Post
    I have an older Jet DC-1100 that had the bag on it and I upgraded it with a Wynn canister. Does anyone know if this cone will work in my case?

Wayne
    I would think it would. Mine is about 10 years old but I bought it used with a Jet canister already on top and I bought and installed the cone right after it came out. I doubt if the metal hardware of the DC has changed.

BTW- it works great. Until you let the bag fill up all the way to the top as I sometimes do. "I'll empty it after I plane these last three boards..."

Well this has escalated quickly.

http://www.toolpartspro.com/jet-part...xoCUsoQAvD_BwE

Looks like they now want $107.23, I guess they're wise to everyone's scheme of upgrading older units...

Hello, I stumbled across this thread while doing some dust collection research. Can someone tell me if this will work on a Delta model 50-850. The outer diameter is 19 3/4" and the inner opening diameter is 11 5/8". Thanks for your help!

Visit Phil Thien's web site and find a machine like yours that has been converted. Several posters used woks, or kitchen pans to do the conversion. The cone was actually Phil's first generation idea, before he perfected the baffle.