Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jet DC-1100 and DC-1200 Vortex Cone Upgrade

1. Thank you so much Jeffrey for the info! It is now 2020 and I am wanting to upgrade my older Jet 1100-c to a Vortex cone. I found the kit for around $38 bucks, no tax and free shipping. Yours is the only post I have found about doing it and if it helps. Much appreciate that you took the time way back in 2014 hope you are still at it enjoying woodworking!

Thanks. Ill check out that website. I also checked Jet parts direct for the parts kit and it priced at $29.99!

I installed the vortex cone upgrade kit on my dust collector one week ago and I'm extremely impressed. My system started as a 3hp Penn State Industries two bag collector that I swapped the bags for a Jet CC-1100A cartridge filter with clear plastic bag on the bottom many years ago.

I have investigated adding a cyclone but was concerned about losing CMF. My solution to losing CMF as the filter became clogged was to clean the filter every morning. Yes, it was a total pain in the butt.

Since adding the vortex cone I have dumped the bottom bag three times and there is almost zero dust clogging the filter. The cost with shipping from Ereplacementparts.com was $54.72.

Like many, I've been wanting to make this upgrade too. However I have an older Jet DC-1200. Do you think this will fit on it as well? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Barnes View Post
    Like many, I've been wanting to make this upgrade too. However I have an older Jet DC-1200. Do you think this will fit on it as well? Thanks.
    The Ereplacement website says that it is compatible with your unit. See attached screen shot.

Jet DC.PNG

Thanks for spotting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drackman View Post
    The Ereplacement website says that it is compatible with your unit. See attached screen shot.

Jet DC.PNG

Go to goodwill and get a 13-15" used wok. I spent 4.00 and used a piece of aluminum strapping to mount it; works great and the non stick coating make it nice and slick.
    Where did I put those band aids?