Thread: Braille Installation Help

Braille Installation Help

When I downloaded the software, a window popped up saying that the folder" Programs/(x86)Corel/Corel suite x4/draw/gms does not exist...do you want to create it? (that may not be worded exactly). When I launch Corel x4, select tools/run macros, the braille program is not found.

I've tried downloading to my Windows 8.1 computer and now my laptop which is running Win 8. In neither one can I find "braille.gms".
    I don't like the search in Win 8 but here's what I;m doing: I pull the "flyout" from the right side of my display, select the "search" icon>type in "braille.gms"<select "files" ....but windows finds nothing.
    I also can't find it in the program files>Corel>draw>gms folder.
    Thanks
    Wayne
    Webb Signworks

Just tried downloading again. This time, it simply presented the folder " c:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\PROGRAMS\Draw\GMS" and did not ask if I wanted to create it. I clicked finish, restarted Corel x4, selected tools>macros>run macro>macros in, and it's still not there. I also searched (x86)program files>Corel>draw>GMS and there is no braille. Is it possible that Win 8.1 is blocking it? If so, there is no pop up or warning which says so. I am stumped.
    Last edited by Wayne Webb; 10-15-2014 at 1:59 PM.

Wayne,

The installer tries to find your GMS folder, but you have the flexibility to select the proper folder:

Try installing it here, since you're using X4:
    C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\User Draw\GMS\

If anyone else reads this thread and is using Windows 7+ and X5 or X6:
    C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6\Draw\GMS

Of course, you will have to replace YourName with your actual user account name.
    I will have to update the installer in the next couple weeks find this path automatically, rather than the old GMS folder in Program Files.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Aaron Koehl; 10-15-2014 at 4:03 PM.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Thanks Aaron,
    I just did that. Restarted Corel, looked in the macro box and it still isn't there.

Wayne,

Just to be sure, I created an installation video:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/software/install

Let me know if this helps.
    _Aaron_

Thanks Aaron,

I'm still missing something. I tried plugging in my "computer name" (shown in "settings">"PC info") in the "your name" designation and I also tried plugging in the "user name" designated to Corelx4 . I'm still going to "tools">"Macros">"run macro">"macros in" and there's no braille in the dropdown list.

C:\Users\Signworks\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\User Draw\GMS\ .......the name of my computer

C:\Users\WayneWebb\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\User Draw\GMS\ ....the user account name of my computer

C:\Users\WayneWebb\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\User Draw\GMS\ ....my user name in Corel x4
    Last edited by Wayne Webb; 10-16-2014 at 2:24 PM.

Here's one of the folders I saved it in but it's empty.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...5d&oe=54B5F3F5

Wayne,

Thanks for helping me resolve the issue.
    Download the setup file again, it will now allow you to install to an alternate folder.

Regards,
    _Aaron_

Aaron,
    I found this little macro gizmo yesterday called "InstallGMS.exe".....still would not work. http://corelvba.com/index.php?pages=util_1
    Then I tried downloading your program again last night after seeing your last message....still would not work.
    Finally I tried again with your changes and the "InstallGMS.exe" , dragged and dropped the file onto it, clicked, "install" and it worked.
    I don't know why I had so much trouble, but it works now.
    Thanks for your patience
    Wayne
    Wayne Webb
    Webb Signworks
    Chipley, FL

Aspire 9.5
    Sign Wizard 6.0
    CorelDraw 2018 Suite
    DevFoam Pro
    Mach3
    Shopbot Router 4x8
    Ioline 24'' Plotter