Thread: Positive experiences with Grizzly TS, BS, and jointer

Positive experiences with Grizzly TS, BS, and jointer

My first Grizzly, bought 6 months ago or so, was a G0715P table saw. Having bought a couple of radial arm saws and another table saw years ago, the part I detested the most was trying to get them aligned. The Grizzly came perfectly aligned out of the box. Blade perpendicular to the table, parallel to the miter slots, and everything else. Tilting it over to the 45-degree stop, it was dead on, as measured by my digital angle gauge.

The two table inserts were both warped, but Grizzly sent replacements right away, and the new ones are perfect.

Next came a G0555P band saw. Same thing, even when I took it apart to add in the extension. Dead on. Blade runs without wandering.

Just last week a G0452P jointer came. Instructions say the cutter is aligned with the out-feed table at the factory, and it was. Confident in Grizzly, I didn't even bother checking that the two tables were parallel, but just ran a piece of badly warped 4/4 hickory through it. Came out with one side perfectly straight (5 or 6 passes at 1/16 in.), ready to go through my thickness planer.

Sure, just one guy's experiences, but I thought anyone in the market for power tools would like to know.

My only regret is that my small shop floor is now so full of tools (a vacuum system is there, too) that there's little space to walk. So no more Grizzlies for me for a while.

My Grizzly machines have come to me the same way. Haven't even had shipping damage.

Band saw, lathe, and table saw here. I concur. Good value and quality in the Grizz tooling, and customer support is second to none.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

I just set up a G1023RLW 3 HP cabinet saw. No missing pieces and except for the 45 degree blade angle (minor/easy tweak), it was spot on. Directions are a bit scattered because there are a lot of options and some of the options contradicted each other - an overall flow chart would have been nice but I didn't make any mistakes since I had turned on my brain... Overall, I am pretty satisfied.

My only complaint was the shipping company (UPS freight) which basically sat on the saw for 4 working days in their local warehouse and the driver tried to get me take it in my pickup. I chose delivery because I didn't have an easy way to lift that monster out of my pickup. Since I live a hour and a half from their Bellingham store, I will rent a lift gate truck and fetch my next purchase. Around the same cost but it burns a day.

Blog Entries
    G0661 TS and G0555X BS - no problems. Will definitely have Grizz at top of my list for next tool purchase.

I've been very happy with my 1984 G1019. I just wish they still had the parts for a riser kit (mine is the older style with a hex shaft on the upper guides).
    ~Garth