Thread: How many Arkies are on this board

How many Arkies are on this board

I have been reading quite a bit lately on the forum and in trying to get to know some of you and I have noticed quite a few Arkies hereabouts. I just wanted a roll call (ok, it's the teacher in me ) of the number of Arkies here so I can get a grip on who is where. Seems like I may be the only Arkie in this part of the state.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

More than you can swing a cat at.

I'd say we got to be pushing a dozen or more. with 4 or 5 that are really active and at least one moderator.

Joe

I was born in arkie land, but live north of you across the line.
    So do I qualify as a arkie on the board? Lol

What ever happened to

the motorcycle riding, woodworking, ophthalmologist from Arkansas Senoritas says that I can't recall his name
    Best Regards, Ken

I be an Arkie, not very active but lurk alot
    Billy Reynolds
    Mayflower, AR

Blog Entries
    I live about 10 miles south of Mountainburg and work in Fort Smith (about a 25 mile drive) I guessing that Pocahontas in no where near me since I have never heard of it. West Arkansas?????
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning
    I live about 10 miles south of Mountainburg and work in Fort Smith (about a 25 mile drive) I guessing that Pocahontas in no where near me since I have never heard of it. West Arkansas?????
    Pocahontas is in the N.E. Corner of the state about 15 miles south of the missouri line in Randolph County. My son rooms with one of the kids from Mountainburg. Mirus is the last name, maybe you know his family. Son is getting his Masters at the UofA, should be done sometime this fall. Looks like he is gonna settle in that part of the state. I'd rather he come back home where he belongs. I'm just 2 years from retirement and I want to get my cabinet shop going full time and wanted him to be my right hand man. I've thought about moving up there but circumstances won't allow it for a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Garlock
    the motorcycle riding, woodworking, ophthalmologist from Arkansas Senoritas says that I can't recall his name
    Zack Jennings. He decided woodworking isn't his ballgame. He's moved on to buying a restaurant I heard. We are in contact once in a while.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hager
    Pocahontas is in the N.E. Corner of the state about 15 miles south of the missouri line in Randolph County. My son rooms with one of the kids from Mountainburg. Mirus is the last name, maybe you know his family. Son is getting his Masters at the UofA, should be done sometime this fall. Looks like he is gonna settle in that part of the state. I'd rather he come back home where he belongs. I'm just 2 years from retirement and I want to get my cabinet shop going full time and wanted him to be my right hand man. I've thought about moving up there but circumstances won't allow it for a few more years.
    I really meant to say "East" Arkansas with my guess. I live in "West" Arkansas for goodness sakes!!!! My wife used to teach school in Mountainburg, I will ask her if she knows anyone named Mirus. He must have not been a trouble maker, because I don't ever recall here mentioning that name to me.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy
    Zack Jennings. He decided woodworking isn't his ballgame. He's moved on to buying a restaurant I heard. We are in contact once in a while.
    Thanks Steve. Yes, it was Zack I was trying recall. He was quite the person. I wish him good luck in the resturant business.
    Best Regards, Ken

Well.....you have an Ol' Arkie here that is this particular forum's moderator!

Terry Hatfield and I will be hosting another Central States BBQ this year at his shop in Springdale, AR and will be sometime around mid September.

I am working with Doug Stowe (woodworking author and master box maker) to come and give us a seminar on box making and such. At last word, he was thinking about coming to the BBQ. He don't live too far from Larry Browning as the crow flies.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    How many Arkies are on this board ??

TOO MANY ! ! !

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

My Brother lives in Thayer Missouri which shares acreage with Mammoth Springs Arkansas and I fell in the water there during a picnic. Does that count?
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart
    My Brother lives in Thayer Missouri which shares acreage with Mammoth Springs Arkansas and I fell in the water there during a picnic. Does that count?
    Sure does John, that water that you fell in ran right into the state and right past my county down the spring river. Randolph county has five rivers. Black, Forche, Spring, Eleven Point and Current rivers. We gots lots of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    Well.....you have an Ol' Arkie here that is this particular forum's moderator!

Terry Hatfield and I will be hosting another Central States BBQ this year at his shop in Springdale, AR and will be sometime around mid September.

I am working with Doug Stowe (woodworking author and master box maker) to come and give us a seminar on box making and such. At last word, he was thinking about coming to the BBQ. He don't live too far from Larry Browning as the crow flies.
    Keep me informed and I might even drop in on my son for a weekend and come out to see about you guys. Sounds like a lot of fun. Son lives in Farmington, goes to school in Fayetteville and works in Springdale. He surely can help me get around up there. Box makin ain't my thing right now but I guess it could be again some day.