Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few questions about epoxy coating garage floor

Easiest way is to cut a groove with an angle grinder and the epoxy will tend to stop at the groove. if you don't force it over. You can also lay down some heavy tape and pull it up before the epoxy sets. I didn't worry about it on mine because I was putting down a rubber threshold strip after everything was finished.
    Earl

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D Smith View Post
    Earl and Andy,

Where did you guys stop the epoxy at the garage door? Before the door, under it or past it?

Btw nice mustang!
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I had the benefit of an expansion joint on the outside edge of the garage door, so that was the natural stopping point (It is 1" or so exposed to the outside - not noticable in practicce). BTW, you'd be surprised at how well the epoxy flows. If you go the angle grinder route, be sure to backstop that with a taped outer edge and some additional protection beyond it.

For that add'l protection, don't use your standard paint cloth (canvas), but something impervious like plastic. Epoxy flows much better than latex paint. Otherwise, you'll end up with permanently attached piece of canvas on your nice driveway that slowly degrades to a nice epoxied inverse weave pattern.

Or so I've heard...

Andy