Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question to Chinese laser owners 220 volt with transformer

Two votes for 220 direct from my panel. Good enough for me. Thanks guys!

Clark I use a "litefuze brand of transformer. The one I have says "3000 watts" $US140 It runs the cooler the air pump and the laser. I run from the box two 110v circuits on a felx cord (probably 12 guage) to a 4 gang box. This cord is grounded inside the box and to a stake as well (at the same wire length) Then there is a circuit protector box plugged into one of the 110v outlets and into that is plugged the "3000 watt" transformer which is connected to the laser. I bought that transformer because it had the thickest gauge cord for any transformer that size on Amazon.

This system works well on 60 watt tube and ok on about half of my 150 watt tube jobs. But the circuit protector trips on heavy cutting on the 150 watt tube.

I have just bought a second transformer to separately run my cooler and air pump to see if that will reduce the tripping.

In any case I try not to touch bare metal while the machine is firing and I have 1/8 silicon sheet laying over the hot end of the tube connections. (This to reduce arcing)

I am not an electrician. I have plenty of 220v at the 2 phase box in my shop. I use the transformer to make the Chinese one phase 250 volt power my machine was designed for.

Hope that helps. Cheers Marty
    shenhui 900x1200 dual tubes 150 & 60

Our US power is 220 (230) volts across the two hot wires, the Chinese and overseas is 220 across the two wires. No difference, buy all the Chinese transformers you need, its the same thing. What thing your not changing is over there its 50 Hz, here its 60 but that makes no difference, except your AC motors run a little faster. Yes I am an electrician.

Make sure the green / green-yellow or equipment ground wire is connected inside your machine and its hooked up in whatever wiring you have put together back to your main panel.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10