Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riding mower won't start - stumped

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio View Post
    The lawn is mowed!

I put in the new plug and got one pop, then nothing. I removed the air filter assembly (2 screws) and saw that the choke was closed all the way despite the throttle being well away from the choke position. Moving the lever all the way up and down did nothing. I opened the butterfly with my finger and found that it was hitting and getting stuck on the edge of the bore. Working it many times with a little WD40 at the top and bottom I got it to where it moves freely now. I put it back together, started it up and I'm glad I replaced the plug because it's running much better now, starts within seconds. Thanks to all for your help!
    Hurray! A mowed lawn is a happy lawn. Don't forget to run STA-BIL or similar fuel stabilizer towards the end of your mowing season. 87 octane gas gums up a carburetor pretty quickly if left untreated.
    -Lud

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Ludwig View Post
    Hurray! A mowed lawn is a happy lawn. Don't forget to run STA-BIL or similar fuel stabilizer towards the end of your mowing season. 87 octane gas gums up a carburetor pretty quickly if left untreated.
    Normally, I run it dry about late October (also the chipper) and leave it that way until spring, but add Sta-Bil to my 5 gallon can so I have it for the generator if needed.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I am glad that the solution were found