Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder what LV is up to on 9/13?

Now that's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    I think Lie Nielsen's honing guide is under it.
    I do have a picture somewhere of Rob admiring that honing guide.

I know that's not it because that requires a deadline and LN can't meet deadlines.

Quote Originally Posted by john zulu View Post
    Hmmm. Good thinking. If Chris will spill the beans. Oh wait.... Rob is here......
    Not so fast.... it was Megan that was here, not Chris!

Cheers -

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brady View Post

I know that's not it because that requires a deadline and LN can't meet deadlines.
    Mike, every time I make a joke about the honing guide, I always think "I hope Mike Brady sees this". I remember putting a picture of some goofy thing I rigged up on woodnet, and back then you were talking about the honing guide that LN was coming out with and the need to do something until it was available

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Putnam View Post
    Rob likes a good tease but he has never gone to this length before. He must be excited therefore I'm willing to be. Therefore I'm expecting something really exciting as would befit LV's bent for true innovation. (snip)
    Yes - this one's tease worthy. A real paradigm shift in what we do, and how we do it. It is literally years of work.

At the same time - I don't want to overhype it. What we're doing (the announce) is for fun, ultimately; for our staff, our customers, and hopefully the hand woodworking industry in general.

Serious - but fun.

Would give more details - but have to go home and pack... gotta be up before 4:00am to get the airport!

Cheers -

Rob

I bet a large Plow plane is one of the new offerings.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brady View Post

Nah - we already made our own, almost 5 years ago now.... just decided not to go ahead with it....

How about a dial-a-plane? A hand plane that lets you dial-in the pitch of the blade angle. Or, perhaps dial-in how close the deflector is positioned to the edge of the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Not so fast.... it was Megan that was here, not Chris!

Cheers -

Rob
    I think they are referring to Chris Griggs, not Chris Schwarz....Jeez Rob, the visit wasn't THAT long ago :-)! I got in there to see the excitement before Megan did...PWW must have seen my post about the visit and then copied me. :-)

And no Malcolm, I will not spill the beans...You can make all the threats you want, but please recall I live in West Philly so obviously I'm not scared easily. I've actually known about this project for probably around 3 years...no I won't be spilling the beans with only a couple days left to go....
    Last edited by Chris Griggs; 09-10-2014 at 7:24 PM.
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

I think Lie Nielsen's honing guide is under it.
    Now THAT is funny...

...although I must admit, the fact that neither of the things they announced last year have come out does worry me...I hope LN isn't in any kind of dire straights.
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

I'd imagine they're just fine, and at this point relaxing a little and running their business making what they make well. If I were TLN, that's probably what I'd do.

I'd imagine they're just fine, and at this point relaxing a little and running their business making what they make well. If I were TLN, that's probably what I'd do.
    Probably right...that's likely what I would do too.

Okay,okay...I'll cave.

The big announce is that LV is merging with Woodpecker...they are re-releasing all the tools they already make, just in bright red instead of black!

Consider the beans spilled...hope you're all happy.

I happen to know it's a medium-large and a medium-small router plane.

I think it's probably a special trailer park boys Lee Valley themed chisel box. Complete with a pair of complimentary steel toed samsquanch slippers and a Jim Lahey combination flask and cap iron screwdriver.

I think it's probably a special trailer park boys Lee Valley themed chisel box. Complete with a pair of complimentary steel toed samsquanch slippers and a Jim Lahey combination flask and cap iron screwdriver.
    What? No miniature Swazye Express?