Thread: more downed trees than I want.

more downed trees than I want.

Well, on the 4th we had a pretty got some pretty bad rain and straight line wind. SWMBO and I got home from her grandparent's to find about a 1 foot diameter section of a tree broken off. I think its maple, dont think its oak (will take a pic tomorrow). Anyway, I was secretly kind of to see this one fallen ove even though the clean up will be work, managebyl sized logs set off lightbulbs in my head.

Anyway, we had some pretty bad storms today again. Got home today and at the back of my FIL's pasture behind the house three huge trees were down. It actually looked like a tornado had landed there cause branches were everywhere. The first one that is adjacent to a recently cleared field and downhill from a new lake blew over and knocked the next one and the next one. The largest one ( an oak) is probably 3 feet in diameter at its base (will also take some pics tomorrow). Its definitely safe to say that I have more wood than my jet mini (or my electric chain saw) can handle . Luckily these three aren't in the yard so they aint my problem (will help of course). I think the are in the realm of needing a professional.
    Patrick Lane

Hey Patrick

Can we bribe you to send some of that Good Tennessee wood to the desert? I just can't get Maple or Oak work turning in my neck of the woods. Have fun with all that GOOD WOOD!

Keith
    From Utah