Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trotec Air Assist questions Also job settings questions

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Steve
    I'm sure you're right but with the kind of work I do removing the cone seems more of a problem than cleaning the lens.
    No, Mike, you might be right It might be easier to clean the lens frequently than deal with all we deal with. I'm just terrified of cracking a lens. Those babies aren't cheap and if I ran the machine all the time, I'd be comfortable with it, but when we put other people in front of it, I can't say that their attention to detail is always where I'd like it to be.

You might be right, it might just be easier to deal with a dirty lens.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

FWIW, I've found that I can keep the nose cone on for most engraving, at least on a small run or when I'm having to switch back and forth frequently, I just turn the air pressure down to about 2-3 psi which seems to be enough to keep the lens from getting any build-up, but not enough to splatter molten acrylic, then I turn it up to 20+ psi for cutting, works well for me on small runs but if I have a lot of acrylic to deep engrave then I remove it.
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

My cone has to be removed TO clean the lens, which is another reason it's hardly ever on.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle