Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for USA sourced Chinese laser

Dave

Remember that both of those guys have multiple machines for back up and tech expertise to fix them in house.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian Matz View Post
    That is one of the main reasons that I want to go see a machine. To see how it operates, see how slow it really is. Compare it to what I am currently doing. I have been working with Rabbit, as of now they have not been able to find someone near me to go look at a machine.
    You're in NC, contact Jorlink. They sell GCC's which are good, solid lasers, but I talked to them at a trade show where they were in a booth with Chinese lasers. They said they were going to start carrying them.

They are in Greensboro.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

That is one of the main reasons that I want to go see a machine. To see how it operates, see how slow it really is. Compare it to what I am currently doing. I have been working with Rabbit, as of now they have not been able to find someone near me to go look at a machine.
    Maybe if you contacted Rabbit USA and see if they had a customer near you that would be willing to demo one. Since you will soon be competing with that person it might not be a good idea.
    Plan "B" plan a trip to Rabbit, they are in Ohio which could be a two day trip for you. Sounds like you want USA support near you, for a Chinese laser... at low cost.
    I have a Chinese laser, it will do for a start up company. But when we get going enough to justify a another it will be more than likely a Speedy 300 or similar.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Thank you for the suggestions. A trip to see rabbit, is certainly a possibility, I have already looked at the price of airfare vs driving. I have already looked at the trotec and epilog machines, what I want to do now if compare what I know they can do vs what the imported machines can do. Then I will make a decision on if the reduced speed is worth the difference in price. The price difference is so large, that I think it would be foolish to not investigate it.

I do not do many huge production runs, most of what I do is in the 1-24 piece range. We are not a typical trophy shop, we are not even open to the public.
    Trotec Speedy 400 80watt, IS400 Volume (2x), LS100ex, Rayzist SandBlaster,
    Valiani MATPRO IX 150 Mat Cutter, Mitre-Mite T-350 double miter saw

I did contact Rabbit USA, they were working on it. I have checked back a few times over the last 3 weeks and they have not found anyone. I am not really competition to a local trophy shop, we deal on the wholesale level and sell and engrave (our crystal and silver trophies) for trophy shops. If fact, we refer people that call us for the baseball/soccer trophies to other local shops.

This laser would be for backup for our current laser and also to develop new products that we can not do on our smaller machine.

I purchased a laser from BOSS. I would highly recommend them. The tech support is execellent. If I have any questions I just call them and they are very helpful. I purchased the 1620 modal, 90 watt with the rotary attachment. I also purchased the BOSS 1 computer with Coreldraw X7 and Engravelab 9. I have been engraving and cutting everything I can put in the machine. A guy from Winston-Salem came by to see the laser in operation. I live in Youngsville (its 18 miles north of Raleigh, NC). If you are interested send me a private email.

Thanks for the offer, it seems like you are about 3 hours from here. Not too bad. I may get in touch with you.

QUOTE=Kevin Gregerson;2299225]There are a number of them.

What's your application? Because each one has different strengths and weaknesses. Either in design or in workflow. So setup your own pieces around that because you'll end up with a better product with the correct options that way.

I am doing a lot of reverse and front engraving in coated acrylic and romark type materials. These are then cut out as for the products. I would like to increase my ability to cut different thicknesses of acrylic and veneer mdf. We are a high end awards company and I would like to expand our custom product capabilities. Ideally I was looking at the speedy 400 or the fusion 40, but I can not make that work right now.

I have attached a few of the products that we have done. This is in addition to lasering engraving plates and things like flasks and wood products.[/QUOTE]

These companies can provide this to you. However, you might want to take a second look at the Western alternatives purely from a workflow standpoint to achieve consistency for less waste and saving time on trial and error.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Moshinsky View Post
    I wouldn't buy a Chinese machine to engrave. They engrave MUCH slower than your average Western machine. For cutting, they are hard to beat.
    I agree, if you mostly engrave and have enough business, the faster western machines make more sense. If you are primarily cutting with occasional engraving then the Chinese machines are a better value, if you can fine tune and repair them yourself.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

I have just bought a laser cutter from china that is on the ship to Australia on Monday. Will let you all know how it turns out. and having never used a lasercutter befor I didi a lot of research on different forums and youtube sites. It seems to me that not many lasers are plug and play straight out of the box all need tweaking to get optimal prefomance for your applications. I have seen that quite a few buy chinese lasers for the hardware then up grade the software befor they even plug them in. This says to me the mechanics of the lasers are good just the software needs improving. Having said that the laser I have bought is supposed to have the latest and greatest software so we will see how it goes
    Jiangsu Keyland Laser KQG 100w 1090 Lots of woodworking toys rc planes and cars and tanks and I wish I had a rc 2 1/2 yr old who when then do what I want not the other way around

try mike in toronto ontario ,he ships in the USA and his service is ok,mention stan

mike@logimation.ca mike dorian416 804 7870, Toll Free: 1 888 686 7485

I have a turnkey laser that is very similar to a rabbit and am right behind Charlotte motor speedway if you would like to see one run. Just let me know.
    TurnKey C900 60 watt, Coreldraw X4, PhotoGrav, Boxit, Wacom intuos5, Full wood working shop, Metal lathe.

13. Kristian,

If you're looking for US Based support for Chinese Lasers another option would be LightObject.com. We're based in Sacramento, California and have been in business since 2005. We customize their products based on previous customers suggestions so we really know the products through and through since they are built to our specifications. Also, should you need any replacement parts or service everything is done/shipped from California - not China - so it's much faster.

We are a SawMill Creek Advertising Sponsor

Hope this helps!
    Sincerely
    Rick McIntire
    rickm@lightobject.com
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 11-15-2016 at 9:32 AM.
    Rick McIntire
    LightObject.com
    rickm@lightobject.com
    916 572 6080

Check out Jimani Laser in CA. Jim recently started importing a Chinese laser. He had them toss the Chinese controller and the EzCad software. They were replaced with a ScanLab controller and a slimmed down special version of American Laserware ProLase. Great guy to deal with, he helped me with all sorts of questions on a system that I had bought elsewhere. Impeccable level of customer service. The system he offers sells for the same as one direct from overseas. If he had it 60 days earlier, I'd bought mine from him.

Laguna Tools now has their own line that is made by Bodor. They are still adding detail to their website.