Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Paul Sellers

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Haydon View Post
    I spent a lovely Sunday morning watching all four parts of this series. If anyone else can make the time I'm sure they will find it time well spent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K48FezBoPWg
    My favorite line from the video is in part 1 at 4:45.

"however, in fine furniture, one rarely wants to see such joints"

Paging Mr. Dillinger. Paging Mr. Dillinger.....

Modern hobbyists see a letter opener made from a Popsicle stick and think " I can make one of those, need to go on
    line and find out what's the best knife...and most enjoyed flavor!" George's work comes from a time when patrons had little
    desire to make stuff. Their reaction would have been ,"YES! This is good enough for ME"!! It takes an ambitious spirit to
    to aspire to his level of craft, but help is kindly given to those whose imaginations and intellect are so inclined.

This thread is now locked

Sawmill Creek is not the place to take issue with each other's personalities. I am leaving this thread in place so that in the future members will have the opportunity to come back and view or view for the first time, as the case may be, excessively juvenile behavior. He said, she said types of on line conversations where both parties dander is up and they inaccurately read and interpret each other's postings neither adds to the sense of community nor adds anything useful to the topic of the thread. Now I'm going to show my temper and call you a bunch of egotistical fools.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH