Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Pole Barn 40X64X16

Tonight's work in my shed. Voice activated bench air filter fan installed. The voice activated powered retracting air line and power outlet line above bench dropped and programmed. All work via Alexa, or phone app, or remote. Also the bench put in place. No power cords or air lines on floor or dragging on bench edge! #Mikiespace

Got a few bessey parallels hung up in the new shed. Found a higher density clamp rack I liked and cut the triangles and sides out on cnc. Actually building a couple racks.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

That's a really nice clamp rack design, Mike!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

https://gumroad.com/l/parallelclamprack

That is where i got the parallel clamp design.

Mike the building will probably fall down before that rack. Thanks for the link and great job on the rack! When will the shop be full operational?

Well the parallel clamp rack was 100% made in the new shed so I call it operational now. Tools still left in old shed are the double drum sander, spindle sander, edge sander, moulder, and horiz mortiser and a bunch of hand power tools and a tooling cabinet for the lathes. I have a chop saw some ation in there too but it turns out that saw is sold and a 12" bosch glide is replacing it, buddy boyght it new, buit one deck, sold it to me. Ill be moving the kreg chop saw table fence to new shed. I have to still build mezzanine in there too. Always something. I start a college machining class next week too. Always learning.

Nice clamp rack design Mike. I may make one myself. Good clamp storage is a necessity.
    Jeff

Definitely a shop most of us can only dream about. It's coming together very nicely. Envious of all your nice toys. Keep posting photos. Love seeing what your doing with everything.

Thank you very much for the kind comments.

I added F clamps/bessey tradesman clamps on another style clamp holder I drew up. Turns out the space between the parallels was just enough for these. The new racks also have room to store several clamps to drive up clamp density.

Put a ct22 vac and ultimate dust deputy ( tons of dust storage and easy to change from my crazy ladder or the lift) up in the rafters and used a 5m hose (16.5') to drop down over my bench. I then use a shortened 25' flexzilla hose reel as a hose retractor. That reel was $25 last year around Thanksgiving and is lousy as a hose reel but after shortening it by about 5' it works great as a hose retractor. The vac is on a wifi enabled outlet/remote that can be controlled with an echo dot and alexa, with my cell phone, or with the remote. I ran an extension cord along the hose too and it is on a separate circuit from the vac and from the other roboreel electrical reel . It gives me way more than 15' of movable vac hose and can reach the floor at the bench. I love the accessability and getting it up and out of the way when not in use.

Last edited by Mike Heidrick; 08-30-2018 at 1:12 AM.

How are those giant ceiling fans working out?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

They do an awesome job. So silent too. You forget they are there.

Mike I saw you were asking about SCMS stations on another forum. There are tons of them on youtube. I like the basic setup of Jay Bates' version, which a lot of people have copied.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Thank you Van. Ill check him out. I pretty much know mostly what ill do. SCMS saw has a spot, its on these Steel Case brand credenza/lateral files ( big drawer at bottom and sliding shelf above that. Think I have 5 or six of them in a row. Ill make a fence/ table for each side and use the kreg prcision miter station track kit i used on my last setup. I have a 6" collector drop close and plan to do a dust extractor line there too for the quick cuts. A guy online modded the Bosch Glide dust catcher to make that work better so ill try that too.

Interesting that you used the Flexila hose/reel for that vacuum setup...I bought one and have also found it to be less than satisfying for its original intended purpose. It's a bear to get to lock and later to retract predictably.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...