Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Pole Barn 40X64X16

Thanks guys!!

Tell me more about what Chris has done. Hopefully he will be by too.

Trying to get to a point to test the air line should sometime today before moving on.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Hey Mike, I plan on using the same air distribution system. How easy is the tubing to straighten without the straightener that you have? I'm sure that device makes it straight as an arrow, but I'm not sure I'll be using anything but a flat work surface and some elbow grease.

It looks awesome installed. Your slatwall turned out good too.

Jeff
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferey Scott View Post
    Hey Mike, I plan on using the same air distribution system. How easy is the tubing to straighten without the straightener that you have? I'm sure that device makes it straight as an arrow, but I'm not sure I'll be using anything but a flat work surface and some elbow grease.

It looks awesome installed. Your slatwall turned out good too.

Jeff
    I did it without the straightener. My installation is not perfectly straight, but it works well enough.

Edited to add a picture of where it turns the corner from along the wall to along the bottom of a joist.
    IMG_4351.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Charles P. Wright; 11-02-2017 at 3:25 PM.

I was more than $550 into those maxline kits with another $200 planned. $130 for that straightner is absurd but I have a billion hours to go on walls and I needed my air lines up to move on so I rationalized it. Honestly it is a very annoying process to putz around with that line and I would not be happy if it looked sloppy. I have enough sloppyiness going on already lol. I will take some calipers to mine and then you can go get 7 plumbing test plugs from home depot and mount them on a board at the correct spacing and make the same thing for about $30 I bet. Guessing that will get you good enough. Ill start a new thread on that for everyone.

This week was get south wall air lines in place so I could finish off south east corner and get the dust collector back in place, main nordfab line connected up, and get the cyclone's casters up on the legs and off the wheels. I also got the 6" drop for the chopsaw area in place, got the Steelcase credenza lateral file cabinets in place that is the start of a chopsaw station, got the electronics binder bin up, receiver and theater speaker wiring labeled and wired and connected, get the network in there and online, and got the tv mount and tv up i use as an av monitor. Those lateral file credenza cabinets came from my local habitat for humanity restore store.

Plan is to hang up some binder bins bought from work ( got a ton of them) this weekend and get those six pallets off the floor as well. Need to cut the cube wall brackets off the bins and screw on some slat wall cleats. May break out the plasma and try and zip off the just to try it.

Here pics of dc back in place and the start of the chopsaw area.

Wow, those Steelcase units are really nice for your application! I actually have a few things to drop off at the Restore and am wondering what I'll discover there available to acquire! (never been there since they opened a couple years ago)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hung a few 30" binder bins.

13800 Volts. I know there are a lot of electrical requirements in your shop space. But that is a lot of sparkers.

Your install looks good Charles. I'll probably skip the straightener or build some sort of jig myself. Thanks for the pics.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Charles P. Wright View Post
    I did it without the straightener. My installation is not perfectly straight, but it works well enough.

Edited to add a picture of where it turns the corner from along the wall to along the bottom of a joist.
    IMG_4351.jpg
    Jeff

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Hung a few 30" binder bins.

Just popping in to see what the latest action is in the drool barn. I'm curious about that huge motor in the wheeled dolly hooked up to 13k volts.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Just popping in to see what the latest action is in the drool barn. I'm curious about that huge motor in the wheeled dolly hooked up to 13k volts.
    Phase converter for 3-phase power from single phase supply.
    --

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Phase converter for 3-phase power from single phase supply.
    I thought that might be the case. I still don't understand the whole 3-phase conversion thing. (I mean scientifically speaking- I do understand the reason for it- but not how it actually works.) Next question is why it's on a dolly, but appears to be hard-wired to the box. This is just a curiosity- nothing else.

Finished hanging my binder bins up today. Each binder bin got 17 additional screws to beef it up and a cleat. took awhile to get each one staged. Lily also got a desk with overhead lighting by her whiteboard courtesy of a pair of 48" binder bins. Finishing the bins cleaned up 7 pallets total in the shop. Glad to have those off the floor. Also have been piecing some Ergotron Computer monitor keyboard arms together for some CNC machine builds I am working on.

Last edited by Mike Heidrick; 02-11-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Very nice, Mike. I thought about a wall mount for the monitor, et al, for the CNC I have coming, but in my small shop, it was better to use a mobile, stand-up computer stand. (which I've already painted to match the color of the machine that it will serve. )

Are you going to put an extended surface on your daughter's desk for more comfortable seating?
    --

These ergotron wall brackets get mounted to the machines. I like them self contained. The wall mount is just a temp place to build it. The other two arms will get 18" extensions and a 3rd pivot point latter in the week.

Also the girls have real actual mobile table/desks too, these are mostly just walk up storage places with a desk like surfaces.

Again, main goal was getting binders off pallets and off floor for now. Just having fun with it.