Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Pole Barn 40X64X16

No not painting them beyond the paint I put on them (Menards paint and prime). They were marine grade ply colored before (tan and treated grain) . Also it is much quieter in it so far (vs just metal building) with the insulation and now the spray foam in ceiling). Ill gauge sound more with more walls up.

Its a great feeling Jeff - exited for you too then!
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

...come to think of it, the slots in the slot wall will help break up sound a little.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

.....or at least make it easy to hang and re-position the absorbent sound abatement panels

4 more panels hung last night and a 5th ready to install after work. Really trying to shoot for 25% of building done by EOD next Monday.

Man, I can see how having that lift is "the best thing since sliced bread" for getting this job done!
    --

Tons more work that hanging drywall, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

I bet you're finding out how square your walls are!

For the two to three sections below the lift i can reach them from the floor or standing on the bench I made a few months ago.

Angela and I did another section tonight. Thats nine down.

You're far far ahead of me. Building is complete and still have to get power brought in, and in due time water and gas. I may be using my generator until spring. House construction will start then. A lot going on and a lot to do. I need to become friends with your friend after you finish. I was seriously thinking of buying a lift like that and then selling once I finished with it. Enjoying watching the progress. Keep updating us. Looks great.

Why no vapor barrier for the wall insualtion?

Vapor on inside of steel and then kraft paper on batt insulation.

Hardest wall section in the shop done today. Light switches, 220 outlets , 110 outlets, gfci 110 outlets, theater low voltage wires, and network cables all in these sections. Really happy to have wall mounted light switches btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Why no vapor barrier for the wall insualtion?
    The kraft-faced insulation is considered to be a vapor barrier when installed correctly.
    --

Liked the marking on this sheet of ply.

Over 25% walled in as of this weekend.

Last night's 4 panels.

Above door emergency lighting is in and working. Lights turn on if power is lost to that circuit. Also a few more panels are hung. Five more sections on that south wall to finish it. The south wall butts up to the west wall, so that first west section also has to be complete, and it has a set of two way light switches as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Above door emergency lighting is in and working. Lights turn on if power is lost to that circuit. Also a few more panels are hung. Five more sections on that south wall to finish it. The south wall butts up to the west wall, so that first west section also has to be complete, and it has a set of two way light switches as well.
    Great progress. It is great to see someone who doesn't skimp on receptacles and light switches! I have a bunch of switches in my much smaller shop (mostly since I have so many rooms and lighting zones) and most are 3-way. Makes for an interesting time when wiring them up but I really like being able to keep most lights off until I need them and without having to walk back to the main door.

I'm a believer in the emergency lighting too - I put one near the door with lights and an exit sign and a couple in other rooms. I was surprised at how cheap these things are! They are best hardwired but I just wired cords into a couple and plug them in.

When is the big shop warming party and where is my invitation???

JKJ

Looking great, Mike!

Question...on that last photo, the PEX for the in-floor heating is visible going down the wall. Do you intend to put any kind of protective enclosure around that exposed tubing to insure it can't get inadvertently damaged by something plowing into it?
    --