Thread: Pre cat lacquer raised panel edges before glue up?

Pre cat lacquer raised panel edges before glue up?

OK so here is the question, im new to spray finishing and i just started making kitchens using a pre cat lacquer for my finish. This will be my second kitchen with this finish. The first was in the WINTER by that i mean very very low humidity. I am about to start building another kitchen but now its 80%+ humidity every day. With the poly i used to use for this i would just rub on one coat on the edges of my raised panel before i construct the doors. Pre cat lacquer says on the can spray only but i only build 5 doors at a time.

Iim trying to avoid setting up my spray booth for just the edges of the doors. is it possible to use any other finishes as a brushable undercoat or something that comes in a spray can maby ?

Any imput would be great so let her rip!

I always stain and seal the panels before assembly and do the final finish after assembly.

Use an appropriate vinyl prime coat. Contact the manufacturer of your finish coat to determine the primer to use.
    Howie.........

ill look into vinyl i have not used it yet thank you for your imput

I'm not sure which pre-cat your using, I used to use M.L.Campbells and aside from what they recommend, if i needed to seal an edge or 2 I would just dip the corner of a rag into the Lacquer and rub it on. Generally speaking you should be fine for a seal coat.

As for a base coat, your supplier should be able to give you a compatible spray bomb.
    I can also vouch for a vinyl sealer, also works wonders if you happen to get fish-eye when refinishing.