Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Porter-Cable Safety Recall

Guys, if you have a question or concern contact the seller by PM. As stated in the Classifieds Forum Rules sticky at the top of the forum:

"The Classifieds Forum is not a discussion forum. Questions regarding item description, clarification, functionality, etc. are to be expected. However, questions or comments concerning price, value, etc. as well as any price negotiations should be addressed directly to the seller through the Private Messaging (PM) system."
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 12-10-2014 at 12:15 AM.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bruce, in all fairness, selling a recalled and potentially dangerous item is an unusual situation. Pointing out the recall protects users of this forum who might not be aware of it. Those comments certainly relate to the "functionality" of the item. I think you should reconsider your action removing the comments.
    Respectfully, Jon

Actually it's not a moral issue. Selling a recalled item is illegal. Page 3. http://www.cpsc.gov//Global/Business...llersGuide.pdf

I edited my comment. My point was the classifieds is not the place for discussing someone's ethics. If you have concerns PM the seller.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

If the relevant concern were the seller's ethics, a PM to him or her would address the problem. The concern, however, is that buyers understand the risk they may be taking if they use the recalled base. Not everyone is aware of the recall.

Now ya see it. Poff it's gone. Seems to be way of posting in smc now a days.

I have to agree with John and Matt on this. Pointing out the recall (assuming it wasn't an attack on the seller) is not questioning the sellers ethics or morality (or having off-topic discussion). It is making a potential buyer aware that there is a potential safety issue they may not be aware of. (I just found out about this recall yesterday when the thread popped back up.) The buyer can then make a decision as to whether that information is a concern to them. It's simply disclosing facts. For SMC to actively block a potential safety warning is something I would consider a problem.