Thread: Shop Floor is done!!!!

Shop Floor is done!!!!

WOW.....that was a bunch of work!!!!

Prep work was 90%of this project. I got all that done yesterday including some touchup work on the walls and finishing painting the concrete block stem wall that had never been painted. You can compare with the "I have lost my mind" pics to see the difference.

I went out to the shop this morning and put down the gray Rustoleum Epoxy Shield.

I am very pleased with the look. I did use the paint chips that come with the kit. They help disguise the imperfections in the surface. I have plenty of those.

Here is a pic of the epoxy going down. Check out the difference from the done part to the old. Amazing.
    Last edited by Terry Hatfield; 05-26-2003 at 7:46 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And....drum roll please......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and one more......

Now, if it was just dry.

BTW...do I have any volunteers to help me get the shop back together???

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shop Floor

Terry - Looks Great. I helped a friend las tyear put down Sherwin Williams Epoxy. What a chore but well worth the effort. His floor still looks like new.

Jeff

And even though she said I was nuts to do this........Cheryl still helped me. What a woman. Everyone should be lucky enough to find such a wife............but, she was not real happy at having her picture taken. I even caught her in mid-scream.

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Hatfield; 05-26-2003 at 7:44 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jeff,

That will be the real test, how it holds up. Hopefully it will do well. I did a bunch of research before taking on this project and everyone that had done it said it was worth all the work and had perfromed very well over time...we shall see.

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries

Shop Floors

Terry,

I see one big mistake you made. You put it down in the wrong shop. It was suppose to go down in mine.
    It really looks good. What's the drying time for the epoxy?
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Von,

Instructions say 12 to 16 hours for light foot traffic, 24 hrs before setting anything heavy on it and 7 days prior to parking a car on it. It's been about 10 hours since I put the first down and it still leaves a fingerprint but just barely. I'm going to try and at least get everything back IN the shop tomorrow nite. Hopefully it will be fine by then. I'm a little nervious about leaving a good portion of my equipment in the driveway.

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile What are good neighbors for, anyway?

BTW...do I have any volunteers to help me get the shop back together???

I could be there a short while after the epoxy has set, real well

You mean that wasn't trash in the driveway?

I thought it was a dream come true to see someone throw away a whole shop worth of power tools. I'm just going to return this Ryder truck now!
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

Clem,

Cool!!! Another Arkie wwer.

Thanks for the offer but I really wouldn't make you work on your first visit. I usually wait until the second visit before I say "since your already here, I'm sure you won't mind helping me with....".

Come over and see us sometime. Be sure to plan to be here for the big wwing BBq this fall.

Thanks,

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey NICE LEGS!!

Those are your legs right? I could barley see em as they were blending into the white wall behind you. You need to get out here to California and get some sun.

Nice floor too.

Jason

Jason,

That is about as tan as I get, but a trip to CA sounds good anyway. Besides...you are supposed to be looking at the floor!!

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]