Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Juried in Virginia!

Wink Juried in Virginia!

I received this email notification yesterday from the Artisans Center of Virgina [ACV] the official Artisans organization run by the Commonwealth of Virgina, started by one of our former governors and is part of the tourism/economic development initiatives by Virgina, and develops the various artisan trail initiatives in the many counties that have one, and is affiliated with numerous venues that promote arts/crafts and education for artisans and artisan related business.

Jury Notification, Artisans Center of Virginia

Dear Roger,

On behalf of the Artisans Center of Virginia (ACV) and the recent panel of jurors I am pleased to report that your work in the media category of “wood” has been approved for Juried Virginia Artisan status.

You will receive your official acknowledgment letter along with the juror’s critiques of your work by mail. As an ACV Juried Virginia Artisan you are now invited to create an “Our Artisans” page on our website as well as submit your events to the ACV online calendar. Later this week, your log-in codes will be been sent to you via email along with a “how-to” PDF to guide you through the page building process. In addition, a Juried Virginia Artisan logo will be emailed for your use to acknowledge your achievement on your website and in your print materials.

Congratulations and thank you for your excellent contribution to Virginia’s artisan craft industry and support of the Artisans Center of Virginia!

Sincerely,

Linda Blake
    Jury and Membership Coordinator
    Artisans Center of Virginia
    P.O. Box 166
    Greenville, VA 24440
    540-886-1684
    jury@artisanscenterofvirginia.org

ArtisansCenterofVirginia.org

The following is from the Artisan Center's webpage regarding Juried artiisans..........

"ACV Juried Virginia Artisan members represent the highest quality hand-crafted, artisan-made works that the Commonwealth of Virginia has to offer. Each Juried Virginia Artisan featured in this section has gone through a rigorous standards review process recognizing the high quality of their work.
    What is An Artisan?
    An Artisan creates objects of three dimensional craft, often to be used functionally, but always with a high degree of artistry and quality craftsmanship. For the Artisan, form follows function, and the work of the Artisan speaks to the simple honesty of that paradigm. ....."

Thought I would share with my woodturning friends on SMC........I have been a member/contributor here since sometime in 2009, and I have enjoyed the sharing of this turning community, and attribute a lot of my personal growth in turning to the helpful encouragement I have gotten here from numerous folks.........of note among these are John Keeton, Steve Schlumpf, and a few others.........

Thanks to all!
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 06-03-2014 at 7:38 AM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Congrats Roger - this is excellent news! Always thrilled when one of us get recognized for our turning abilities!! Looking forward to seeing your webpage!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Way to go!! Excellent news, Roger, and a big congrats!

WoopWoop!!! 👍👏

Thanks guys! To date, I have kept my hobbyist status and now that I have been juried, I hope to get the requisite business items taken care of and develop a website with the help of one of my sons [he owes me! .....not really! ] I hope to make a difference in a number of good causes by my turnings in the future!

Congratulations Roger!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

7. Quite an accomplishment Roger, congratulations.

Thanks much Ken and Jerry..........much appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Excellent news Roger, Congratulations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tom

Turning comes easy to some folks .... wish I was one of them

and only 958 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sherman View Post
    Excellent news Roger, Congratulations.
    Appreciated, Tom........thank you!

That is outstanding Roger!!! I'd say that was probably worth about 10 thumbs up :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Doerr View Post
    That is outstanding Roger!!! I'd say that was probably worth about 10 thumbs up :-)
    Thank you Steve!

Congratulations Roger. It adds a lot of respect for your work. If people know you are endorsed by the state it gives them confidence that what you are selling has value. In West Virginia we have a somewhat similar deal called Tamarack, just off I-77 at Beckley. It is worth a visit if you ever down that way.
    Fred

Good job, and good news to a good man.
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

Congrats, Roger! That's Awesome!