Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filters on an Atmos duo linked to Speedy 300

Just wanted to check. I've just stuck in a brand new comfort box, is it usual for the Atmos to show it at around 35-40% filter for it or should it be dropping much closer to zero?

35-40 seems a little high...mine are usually around the 20-30% mark
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

Yeh, I thought it maybe seemed a little high, will send Trotec an email. What Volume setting do you have yours set at? Mine is at 150, I did just drop it down lower and the filter % also dropped lower.
    Hopefully I should have price later for you on the filters, I'll drop you a PM when they get the quote sorted.

Hi Mark, I usually run it around 200ish depending on what I am working on. The filter drops massively in % if you have a vacuum table installed and have it on full vacuum.
    Jit Patel
    London UK

80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Vector Magic

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiten Patel View Post
    Hi Mark, I usually run it around 200ish depending on what I am working on. The filter drops massively in % if you have a vacuum table installed and have it on full vacuum.
    This is due to the way in which these machines are measuring filter capability. It's a pressure/vacuum sensor between each stage. As a filter clogs, the pressure differential from one stage to the next will change, and a basic assumption can be made as to the cleanliness of the filter. If you mess with the pressure differential, the machine reads that as a dirty filter.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Aaah right, we left ours at 150 based on what the installer had left it set on. We don't have a vacuum table in ours. I should perhaps have a read up and see what pressure we shoudl be using for different materials then really I guess!

Does anyone know what grade the filters inside the actual comfort box are? That company you mentioned Jit does them ranging from grade M6 to F9, however I'm not sure they do the box in the size we might need.
    Trotec Speedy 300 80W

Hi Mark,

Did you get an update on the comfort box?
    Jit Patel
    London UK

Oki Printing Press
    Vector Magic

I've just taken delivery of a new batch of carbon from Trotec for my system and each 'bag' is 9 kilos of carbon chips. So that's 18 kilos altogether. Strangely though even fitting these and a new comfort filter the system is still reading 30% used for the filter. It allows you to reset the carbon measurement, but that only ever went to 8% and of course is now back to zero.
    Cheers, Steve

--

Trotec Speedy 300, Rated at 89.8 watts.
    Atmos Duo, Rotary Attachment, Corel Draw 7