Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Agazzani Bandsaw Help Needed - Tight Wheel, Hot Motor Questions

I reassembled the motor. During reassembly I realized that before I pulled it apart, the fan was originally screwed on too tight and was directly touching the brake pad which was directly in contact with the motor. Upon reassembly, I loosened the fan about 1/16" and set the depth nuts the same distance on the brake pad. This leaves the brake engaged when the machine is off but the 1/16" gap gives it space to attract to the magnet. Once all was out back together, I tested the machine. The electromagnet works when I turn the machine on and it pulls the brake off and away from the fan. Unfortunately my machine does not seem to have a mechanism to engage the electromagnet without the machine itself running and the wheels turning, so I still have the resistance when tracking the blade, but no resistance when the machine is running. My motor still generates some heat, but so far not as bad as it was before. Are there any dangers to disengaging the brake entirely? I may prefer that for ease of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jones Atlanta View Post
    Are there any dangers to disengaging the brake entirely? I may prefer that for ease of use.
    It is really a safety concern, I guess. Large bandsaws with heavy wheels tend to keep blades moving long after power is removed. The bandsaw we had in high school would easily run for a minute or two after power was removed.

I'm not sure what the overwhelming concern with a moving blade is. You can hear the blade moving. You could always push some scrap into the blade to slow it if you wanted to change blades and didn't want to wait.

Pretty much a decision you have to make on your own, I guess.

Is there no button to add power to disengage the brake? The machines i've seen with your configuration have a button that when pushed releases the brake. Dave

I just read this. My Agazzani 36 locks the wheels like you describe. When changing the blade you push the top knob of the star delta (I think that is the correct term) switch in and rotate it to the left. This unlocks the wheels on mine.
    i will take a picture tomorrow.
    joe

Thanks Joe. I have multiple switches and I have used them all just for powering on the machine so far since I have no manual. It wouldn't surprise me if one disengaged the brake. Looking forward to seeing the picture. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jones Atlanta View Post
    Thanks Joe. I have multiple switches and I have used them all just for powering on the machine so far since I have no manual. It wouldn't surprise me if one disengaged the brake. Looking forward to seeing the picture. Thanks again.
    Try this Casey

That did the trick Joe. If only I had an instruction manual, I would have figured it out sooner!

Thanks everyone for the guidance on this. I now feel confident that the saw is in good working order, and I'm actually glad I went through the full disassembly process, as I know the tool much better now and will be able to troubleshoot better on my own going forward.

That was nice of you Joe.

And I want a 36" Agazanni Bandsaw now ..

Really bad ..

Joe has the best stuff ever. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Fisher View Post
    And I want a 36" Agazanni Bandsaw now ..

Really bad ..
    Hi Rick,
    It has been a good saw. We use it mostly for resawing and have a poor quality Delta 14 for general curve cutting. I wanted old iron for the big saw but a job came up where we needed it right away and went new.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Oh Dave, that is so true. Very nice shop, and the location is gorgeous too.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Can we see a few pic's of those cool stuff? please?
    A shop tour would be even better!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McCarthy View Post
    Oh Dave, that is so true. Very nice shop, and the location is gorgeous too.
    Hi Patrick,
    How are you doing with the shaper?
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by mreza Salav View Post
    Can we see a few pic's of those cool stuff? please?
    A shop tour would be even better!
    Ho Mo,
    I just walked through and took a few phone pics. You can see how messy our shop gets when busy. The last few weeks we have made several entry units and passive house windows.
    Joe

T12 shaper.jpgWBS.jpgT 90.jpgT 72.jpgRip saw.jpgMartin Twins.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images