Thread: Baltic Birch Plywood

Baltic Birch Plywood

Good evening, I'm new to this forum but I hope that maybe any of you can help me. I'm trying to find 3/32 Baltic Birch Plywood. There is a company in the New England area called Atlantic that used to carry it (I think) I was hoping to find somebody in the VA area or near by. If possible I would like to get either 5x5 or 8x4 sheets.
    Thank you so much for your help
    Have a great evening
    Rolf

Rolf,

I have no clue in your neck of VA, but if you have a need to come up to the DC metro area for some reason, I've always had good luck with the plywood options (and hardwood) offered at Northland Forest Products in Manassas. Looks like they have a location in Troy VA too, which is closer for you. Couldn't hurt to give them a call...if they don't have it they might be able to source it for you.

Good luck...

Shipping may be an issue, but Anderson International (www.aitwood.com), in Los Angeles, carries it. http://www.aitwood.com/StoreFront.As...IN&wDesc=Ultra Thin Finland Birch Plywood. Maybe they'd cut it down for you to make shipping easier?

Be aware that true Baltic Birch comes in metric dimensions. Thickness is in millimeters. Panel size is 61".
    Howie.........

In PA, my go to has always been Industrial Plywood (Lewistown & Reading). Their prices are good, so depending on how much you need, shipping might be cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf Brunner View Post
    I'm trying to find 3/32 Baltic Birch Plywood.
    3/32 would be 2 or 3 mm baltic birch. I've never seen plywood that thin--that's veneer dimensions in my book. If they make 3mm plywood, how thin are the plys?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric DeSilva View Post
    3/32 would be 2 or 3 mm baltic birch. I've never seen plywood that thin--that's veneer dimensions in my book. If they make 3mm plywood, how thin are the plys?
    There is a 3mm baltic birch ply available.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty lists the following sizes in Finnish Birch Aircraft Plywood (Metric).
    While not cheap they do carry a good selection of thicknesses.

Ply.jpg

I've bought some of the 1mm & 1.5mm and it is a quality ply. It came well packed also. Full sheets are motor freight, half sheets can be UPS.

Tony
    Last edited by Tony Joyce; 05-24-2014 at 3:59 PM.
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

The 0.4mm has three plies, so each is 0.13mm? Amazing. I take it that the material is used for model aircraft?

Actually the website is all about full size aircraft.
    www.aircraftspruce.com

Tony
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

Thank you so much for your help. I'll look them up. I live near the WV border about 3 1/2 hours from DC

Atlantic Plywood is in Richmond Virginia in the lakeside area behind Amtrac