Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milk Prices

Milk Prices

I'm curious as to what people are paying for a gallon or 4 liters of Milk. We have people from all over the US and the world here so Tell were abouts you're from and what you pay for a Gallon or 4 liters of Milk.
    I'm in Arizona USA, Milk varies a lot pending on store and brand you buy. Right now on sale you can get it for $1.99 a gal for store brand or up to $4.35 for some major brands.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 05-13-2014 at 1:09 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

On sale here in my area of Ohio it is $2.69. Reg price is ~$3.29 -- Wally World.

Blog Entries
    I pay around $9.00 a gallon for the cheap stuff. $8.99 a HALF gallon for the "organic" stuff. I win. Please send my prize! :-) US Virgin Islands. By the way, we don't have a dairy any more and milk has to be shipped in from Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, or Florida. Back when we did have a "dairy" it was actually a place where they reconstituted powdered milk and sold it as milk!!!

I don't know what the state minimum price is here, but it's something like $3.60 a gallon. Organic is about double.

Around $3 per gallon for big-store store brands. $5.50 for a name brand in a smaller local grocery store.

I've always been astonished at this large price range for what is a commodity product. It is milk, built to the standards of the USDA. It is all the same stuff. Why should there be nearly a two-to-one range in prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    Around $3 per gallon for big-store store brands. $5.50 for a name brand in a smaller local grocery store.

I've always been astonished at this large price range for what is a commodity product. It is milk, built to the standards of the USDA. It is all the same stuff. Why should there be nearly a two-to-one range in prices?
    Loss leader....................Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I'm curious as to what people are paying for a gallon or 4 liters of Milk. We have people from all over the US and the world here so Tell were abouts your from and what you pay for a Gallon or 4 liters of Milk.
    I'm in Arizona USA, Milk varies a lot pending on store and brand you buy. Right now on sale you can get it for $1.99 a gal for store brand or up to $4.35 for some major brands.
    I only pay attention to store brands:
    $3.09/gal. @ Aldi
    $3.19/gal. @ Wally World
    $3.39/gal. @ Ingle's (Regional chain)

I have noticed over the last few years that the price of milk at Ingle's is FREQUENTLY identical to the average price of regular unleaded gasoline in the area, regardless of the market. It's usually about 10¢-15¢ higher in Asheville and 15¢-20¢ cheaper in Chesnee or Spartanburg.

The CHEAPEST I have seen milk in recent history was at a local salvage store that had it for $1.50/gal. several months back, but they quit carrying milk.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

About $4/gallon for store brand and $10/gallon for the organic, grass-fed, glass-bottle milk not available at the chain stores.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    Why should there be nearly a two-to-one range in prices?
    Because people are willing to pay for it. I prefer off brand. It still tastes like milk to me.

It hovers right around the same price as a gallon of gas for store-brand. Currently it is about $3.60 here.

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

Wow its all over the place in the US how bout some of you guys and gals outside the US
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I think that stores often sell milk at a loss to get customers into the store. I went shopping this morning and the price of meat of all types, vegetables, and almost everything else is up a bunch compared to a year ago.

I THINK Milk was $2.59 at Winco last time I was there--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Do you notice the closer we get to Memorial Day that Gas, food, and Hotel Rooms all go up in price. Oh and while on the subject of Memorial Day- Please take a moment to remember all those that gave their lives so that we all can enjoy the freedoms that we have here, Be safe and eat well .
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Just picked up some this afternoon at or local supermarket: $4.99Can. for 4 liters, sometimes $4.50Can.

Tim