Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

12 May 2014

Good Morning Everyone,
    It's been a busy week with getting more of the construction work underway and finished in preparation of pouring the slab. I finally have a couple of plumbers that called me back. I find it funny that people say they need work but when you call them, they don't return calls nor come to the job site for an estimate when they say they will. Almost as if all the trade job folks are all those that can't be trusted and have zero integrity. I used to be a trade job worker, an electrician, and I know what it takes to have happy and repeat customers. It's not that hard.

I will try and get pics posted later this week.

Rain and storms are predicted for the first half of this week and many friends are still trying to recovery what they can from the last tornadoes that went through. We really need a weather break.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Dennis,

I'm with you on the integrity of tradesmen. I talked to the guy who does concrete work back in Jan about pouring a slab before we move. (which is next week) I called him a number of times in the last two weeks, left messages with his wife and on his phone, and still haven't heard back from him. Our weather, and the distance the concrete has to travel has caused some issues, but a phone call with a rough estimate of a date would be nice. It's to bad he is the only one in the area that does the work. The next closest contractor is 90 miles away and that makes costs prohibitive.

Other than that, I spent the weekend scheming and planning my workshop!!!!!!!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Friday night I got the washer and dryer hooked up. The new models are much bigger that the previous ones we had. Over the weekend we did a lot of laundry that had built up while our dryer was dying.

Saturday, I installed a new ship's ladder to get up on the roof. It seemed to take longer than it should. Sunday, I took my wife to get lox and bagels (her choice) after taking the dogs for a long walk. Sunday, I cut and installed all the miter feathers on a project I am making. After cleaning up I took my wife out for a nice dinner for Mothers' Day.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Friday- golf, wine and foolishness.

Saturday - finally finished , delivered and did final install tweeks on the "Boat Desk". This is a comission that replicates the transom of the client's sport fishing boat. Different kind of build for me me but it turned out really nice. Gained a lot of experience with pour filling, staining and high gloss finishing of Mahagony. My wife now wants a mahagony "table".

Sunday - Mom's Day and started cleaning up and reorganizing the shop. Ended up relocating the dust collection drop to the table saw in anticipation of a couple of shop tool revisions/relocations.

Saturday, checked out and bought the MiniMax FS30, wrassled it into my truck and then down onto my driveway with the help of my son and two Mongolian students. Sunday I completed lining my new tool chests with shelf liner, then finished building this:
    Cutoff Cart 3.jpg

Cutoffs will now have a consolidated home.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.