Thread: Full version of CorelDraw X6 on Ebay $120.00

San Jose, Ca soon to be Mariposa, CA "Gateway to Yosemite"
    Blog Entries

Full version of CorelDraw X6 on Ebay $120.00

I just purchased the full version of CorelDraw X6 for $120, I've been using version X5 but for $120 for the full commercial version I'll upgrade (I know CorelDraw X7 just came out, but I don't need the newest)

eBay item #291117320391

If your interested .... Ron Thompson
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 05-11-2014 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Removed eBay link.
    [/SIGPIC] Epilog Mini 24 - 45 watt, 3 Melco Amaya's with DesignShop, Roland PC-600 Printer/Plotter, Roland Camm-1 and 1050 plotter and a 6 color 4 station screen printing press. CorelDraw X3,X4 and X5 plus PhotoGrav 3.0

Maybe it is genuine, but my initial feeling is, stay clear!
    The seller has one negative feedback saying they got non-genuine software.
    I know it's only one negative but I am always cautious of cheap software on ebay especially when they say things like:
    "Retail Box,Paper Manuel Not Include. Item not sealed. Item provide serial number for installation"
    Vector Etch Laser Cutting & Engraving
    Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Trotec Speedy 360 120W
    Trotec Speedy 100 60W

"The product serial number has been previously registered"

nuff said...

Since I am mostly retired from teaching but still have my business cards I am hoping that is enough to buy the educational version of X6. Not Home and Student but full version Educational. Good enough to learn on and since this is a hobby not a business. I do also have Corel Draw 9.0 full version registered. Purchased X6 and if it goes through its $79.95 and "free" shipping.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I just went through this very same scenario with a different eBay seller...paid more than Mr Thompson though, but wanted the hardbound user manual (no longer available in X7) and the extra content on DVD vs having to go online to download.

During product registration process, was informed the product previously registered to someone in Brazil. So, now I'm in the eBay Problem Resolution cycle....Buyer beware

If you are doing this as a hobby you can buy corel draw at staples I believe for $120. But the box says for home use only. So it works just like the full version as I understand, but you are on the honor system. And it's not the education version. It says home use only. At least I think I saw that somewhere.

I'm new to this, but using a Google search, I found a seller with X7 for 279. It was download only, but it registered fine through Corel's site.

I had been trying to find an older copy on eBay, but got out bid to prices more than what I ended up paying.

PM me if you want the name of the seller.

It's a great piece of software.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Tossell View Post
    I'm new to this, but using a Google search, I found a seller with X7 for 279. It was download only, but it registered fine through Corel's site.

I had been trying to find an older copy on eBay, but got out bid to prices more than what I ended up paying.

PM me if you want the name of the seller.

It's a great piece of software.
    This topic comes up every so often. Corel representatives (on this forum) have outright said they do not allow non-affiliates to sell their software for dirt-cheap prices... if you got it cheap, it's illegal. It may register now, but when they start blacklisting those licenses, you'll be up the creek (no pun intended). The sub-$300 pricing is for pre-existing license upgrades, not a new license, and all one has to do to verify is take a gander at what Corel advertises every month (and I wish they would stop sending me emails every week about 5% off digital downloads :-/ ). Educational and OEM versions get sold all of the time as "new", but the former is not the full package and the latter is not legal.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Dan -

That could be - I'm going to look into it. If it turns up it's a bad copy - I'll fight the charge with the credit card company. It's tough - as I price compare most purchases online, and try and do my best to save money where I can, and some days you still get bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    This topic comes up every so often. Corel representatives (on this forum) have outright said they do not allow non-affiliates to sell their software for dirt-cheap prices... if you got it cheap, it's illegal. It may register now, but when they start blacklisting those licenses, you'll be up the creek (no pun intended). The sub-$300 pricing is for pre-existing license upgrades, not a new license, and all one has to do to verify is take a gander at what Corel advertises every month (and I wish they would stop sending me emails every week about 5% off digital downloads :-/ ). Educational and OEM versions get sold all of the time as "new", but the former is not the full package and the latter is not legal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Tossell View Post
    That could be - I'm going to look into it. If it turns up it's a bad copy - I'll fight the charge with the credit card company.
    The best thing to do is give them a call. I hear they are happy to help verify a license. They should be able to tell you if the license has been registered in someone else's name, and if it's not, make sure you get your name attached to it before someone else does. A common scam is to sell the same license multiple times in a short period of time, another is to create license numbers that are "valid" but that's because it hasn't been sold yet (their license generator creates a license that happens to be the same as one sitting unopened on a shelf in some random store... which sucks for the person who buys it and tries to register it later).
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5