Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senco rant

these are still better built then most are i have a few friends running the micro pinners and i do love my older 18 gauge i just got not for the budget minded tho
    http://www.omertools.com/

I have an Omer pin nailer and never really like the way it worked…..especially for what they cost! Last year I bought a Grex from one of my suppliers who had a lot of praise for them. I have to say it's my favorite gun to use now! I put the Omer on e-bay last week! I have a Senco brad nailer and it works fine, though it's an older, (maybe 15 years or so), gun and a Bostich of about the same age that works good as well. I think I'll eventually replace the brad nailer with a Grex as well, mostly so I can shoot 2" brads.

Anyone have a favorite for finish nailers? My old Porter Cable is getting tired and I'm going to have to look at one of those as well. I don't use it all that much, maybe several jobs a year, but every time I pull it out I think it's time for a new one.

JeffD

I've been using PC 16g, 18g, and 1/4" stapler for years with no problems. A rare jam on the 16 is easily cleared. I removed the safety on the nailers as it's easier to use IMO. I own a Grex 23g pinner and it's a dream to use. Once my PCs shoot craps I'll replace them with Grex.

Anybody tried the Cadex or the Grex brad nailers?
    I have a Grex 15 ga. I bought it to install some (6) solid core oak doors a couple years ago. It worked fine once I figured out it uses DA style nails - not FN.

Word is though that Grex, while they have a great reputation for pin nailers, put out pretty much junk when it comes to everything else.

I found that out after I already ordered mine from Woodcraft (on a clearance sale) and was waiting for it to be delivered.
    It had such a great price and the Grex name is always associated with top quality 23 ga pin nailers, I jumped all over one when I saw it on clearance to prevent getting closed out on the sale.

This is sort of a funny (as in odd) thread.
    Of the four 18 ga nailers I own, none of them are a problem.

My "go to" 18 ga. brad nailer is a piece of stamped metal low end Coleman combination brad nailer/stapler that came with my Coleman 1 gallon compressor that I paid all of $49.00 for.
    It works perfect and always sets the head neatly & just slightly less than flush @ anything from ~ 85 psi to a little over 110 psi.
    My other three nailers are - a Lowes Tradesman, a Craftsman and another Sears Evolv brand that came with my other tiny compressor.
    The Tradesman and the Craftsman work well also. I just don't use them. I have no real reason why.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I take real good care of all my old Senco guns. I was sold the first ones by a salesman that came by boat. I know it sounds strange, but we live on a large lake. He went out in the lake on a quiet day, cut the boat motor off, and listened for hammers. I thought it was brilliant, and bought five. They came with several free boxes of nails if you bought five guns, some of which I still have since there were a LOT of 1" finish nails in a box back then. That was in 1974. One of the guns was used when I bought it then-an SN1 (1 to 1-1/2" finish nailer). It's so old it never had any kind of safety, which makes it really handy for once in a while special use. I still use all of them, but the numbers have grown considerably.

Sn1

Tom I also have a sn1 that also works, also the staple gun but it needs o ring, bought them in 1973 new,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    I take real good care of all my old Senco guns. I was sold the first ones by a salesman that came by boat. I know it sounds strange, but we live on a large lake. He went out in the lake on a quiet day, cut the boat motor off, and listened for hammers. I thought it was brilliant, and bought five. They came with several free boxes of nails if you bought five guns, some of which I still have since there were a LOT of 1" finish nails in a box back then. That was in 1974. One of the guns was used when I bought it then-an SN1 (1 to 1-1/2" finish nailer). It's so old it never had any kind of safety, which makes it really handy for once in a while special use. I still use all of them, but the numbers have grown considerably.
    Great story Tom.
    Sad to hear Senco has gone downhill. They were the best guns to have when I started my cabinet shop in 1971. I bought mine new from the salesman who called on my shop. They weren't cheap, but came with free onsite service and parts.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford