Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: How is Grizzly overall as a brand?

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    If you don't like the color...
    I'm sorry...but I am having a hard time relating to someone not buying a machine because of it's color.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    I'm sorry...but I am having a hard time relating to someone not buying a machine because of it's color.
    Why? We do it with cars. It's as arbitrary as any of the other details people look at when purchasing a machine.

I don't judge a machine by it's color either... I bought a purple ford ranger once because I got it for a good price. However though, if machines are comparable in specs and in the same price range, I may go for the nicer looking one

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    Why? We do it with cars.
    Well...I know people do...but I don't.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I know people do...but I don't.
    Would you be willing to buy a hot pink car with a zebra striped carriage top?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    Would you be willing to buy a hot pink car with a zebra striped carriage top?
    Dude...seriously...you might be talking to THE cheapest guy on the face of the earth. I am also borderline insane.

So...yeah. If it was a good car and I could get it for a good price...I would buy it for my wife.
    I am never wrong.

I use a number of Grizzly tools, I have a 15" planer, a 3 hp shaper and a 5 hp table saw. All of them have served me well under some pretty heavy use. I buy mostly lumber in the rough and plane a lot of hard and softwood.

I would say this about the tools. They are all very heavy duty, very well cast and run well. Both the table saw and the shaper I customized the fences to improve them. The planer is a workhorse, however it is not a finish planer. If you want something closer to a finish planer then you need to go with the helical, however you have to take off much less wood with every pass, so working with lumber in the rough would be a pain in the neck.

Bottom line is I wouldn't hesitate to recommend grizzly. They also have very good tech support.

Good luck.
    Jackbat