Thread: Minimax lab22

Minimax lab22

Hi folks. I may pick up a Minimax lab22 combo machine in the morning for 850.00. Hopefully it's a great deal. I have a cabinet shop and have always managed without a shaper so this is my way of getting one and a mortise machine too (as well as a saw with a small slider, planer and jointer. I already have a 20" planer and a small 6" jointer that is pretty much not used. Believe it or not I have an S4S machine for all my face frame stuff. (it's an old scmi P64).
    The guy has it up for 750.00 but I told him to hold it for 850.00 ( I never do that). So if I can't use it I'll just resell it but I think I'll get use out of it. Has anyone got one of these?
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tls/4431923815.html

I saw that. Looks like a great machine for installations, though perhaps a bit heavy. I have a little Kity combo I can take on job sites.

What is a Kity combo?

KITY is a french maker of combination machines. They were imported to the states for awhile.

I did more research and will not get the combo. A little too old and really too "hobbyist" for my uses.

You probably made the right choice. Unless your doing one-off pieces of furniture it's difficult to be efficient with combo machines. Your much better off having separates when trying to make money.

Also a shaper is an invaluable tool and you will likely find once you get one that you cannot live without it…..at least I can't

good luck,
    JeffD