Thread: CorelDraw x7 "Initializing setup. Please wait..." on windows 8.1

Unhappy CorelDraw x7 "Initializing setup. Please wait..." on windows 8.1

I am looking to upgrade from my vs12 coreldraw and my pc is almost dead so I have been attempting to install the trial version of x7 on my hp envy win 8.1 laptop to no avail, I've tried everything in can find on the web... I would like to purchase it, but if the trial doesn't install I'm not sending a dime, but without it my laser is dead in the water. Please help I have some big projects due this week and don't know what to do. I even tried vs12 with compatibility mode but it was flaky and photopaint didn't work at all.

thanks if you can help,
    Porter

Blog Entries
    This thread is for X6, but I have a feeling it will help you solve the same issue...
    coreldraw.com/forums/t/43392.aspx
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I saw something on the news yesterday about Microsoft not supporting win 8.1 didn't pay much attention to it as I us 7 but those with 8.1 might want to see what thats all about.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Bert,

I think this is an especially bold and forward thinking support approach. Don't provide support for your latest product!!! <silly grin>

Seriously though. What they are referring to are what is called the "pre-update" versions of Windows 8.1. Think of them as not much past Beta versions. They are no longer going to patch those after this week. You will need to have updated 8.1 past this "pre-update" version in order for patches to be applicable and apply.

Very few people fall into this by the way. The last estimate I saw was 5% of Windows 8.1 users were pre-update. If you had the auto update feature turned on you were automatically bumped past that a while back without needing to do anything.

If you need it I can get you a link to the press release, but that is the gist of it.

Dave
    Last edited by David Somers; 04-16-2014 at 2:30 PM.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Blog Entries
    Just an update,

A short bit ago Microsoft extended the deadline for business users still have the pre-update version of Windows 8.1 to make the update. The new target is August 12 of 2014. This only applies to enterprise customers by the way and has no effect on us common folk. I am bring this up to you simply cause I know some of you are involved in larger organizations as your main jobs (like me), or as part of the work that brings you here to Sawmill Creek!

Here is a link to the announcement if it interests you. http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/s...-timeline.aspx

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

I also tried X6 with the same result, both state windows 8.1, and I have done all updates? I am not a beta user however it is the factory install from HP, I was going to do a fresh install of Win7, but have come to enjoy some of the features in 8. I am wondering if other/fresh installs have similar issues? HP doesn't seem as bloatware heavy as some, but I also tried stopping all services that I didn't know or unrelated to windows with no luck. I just installed the trial version on a Lenovo with windows 7 64bit without any issues.

Thanks Dan, I did try the suggestions on (coreldraw.com/forums/t/43392.aspx) no luck

Porter

I admit it's a longshot, but Corel installers have had issues with some antivirus suites in the past, so turning off realtime AV might help.
    Note that CD runs fine with realtime AV turned on, it's just the installer that hangs up.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Stick to Windows 7, means you will have to reload the Laptop with Windows 7; save you much heart ache. Amos
    Good better best, never let it rest, til your good is better and your better best.
    Omni Pro 3000 with 80watt Laser tube
    Gravograph M 20+

Windows 8, 7, and Vista are all completely useless to me. Out of the 14 computer driven machines in my signature, only 3 are connected via USB, and only ONE of those will run off Win8 with the software I have. And just yesterday, my Win8 shut down my computer, losing an engraving job in progress, with no warning to "update". And, in the past 2 weeks I had to replace two old computers, which I did with rebuilt 3 or so year-old HP's with Win7 pro. After mucking around for a week trying everything to get ANY of my machines to work, drivers to load, OR my 7 year old HP all-in-one printer to work right, OR get my 2005 Quickbooks to load, I gave up and reformatted the drives and put XP w/SP3 on 'em, and that's that. I'm done with giving MS any more of my money.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Porter,

I am running Windows 8 with Corel X6. No problems.

My machine is a Rabbit and all works well. I cannot speak for other machines but I know a few in the area also using Chinese machines, Windows 8 and Corel X6 with no issues.

Hope this helps.
    Doug
    For all that I know there is so much more to learn.