Thread: Trouble starting LaserCut 5.3

Unhappy Trouble starting LaserCut 5.3

Problem has been resolved I would like to thank everyone for their help.
    Bob
    Last edited by Robert Gauntt; 04-12-2014 at 1:50 AM.

New machine? My guess... its either asking to be connected to the machine to verify you own one before you can use the software OR your machine came with a little white USB dongle that the software wants to see plugged into your computer before it loads the software.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Gauntt View Post
    Every time I click on laser cut icon a window pops up saying install softdog and restart software. Can anyone please tell me what its referring to.
    I appreciate any help. Thank you!
    Bob
    It needs the usb dongle or your usb cable is not connected

Hi Bill, its a used machine and the USB dongle was in the computer. Do you have any idea's what I can do.

Hi Keith, I had the USB cable connected to the computer and machine as well as the USB dongle.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Gauntt View Post
    Hi Bill, its a used machine and the USB dongle was in the computer. Do you have any idea's what I can do.
    Contact the previous owner and see what he says and then the manufacturer . It would help to know the brand and model number of the machine for people on here who might have one just like yours.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Robert,

I believe there is a separate driver for the SoftDog and there may even be a specific order to install it. Initial setup on a LaserCut-driven system is definitely a pain. If you're still having problems, I should have more info by the end of the weekend as I've upgraded my shop computer to Win 7 and hope to install Corel Draw and the LaserCut software this weekend (and I WILL be taking good notes this time!!!).
    Roy
    CorelDraw 12, Inkscape, TurboCAD 19
    Homemade 3-axis 18x51" CNC router
    Vectric Aspire 8, PhotoVCarve, Mach 3
    EurekaZone track saw system

Trouble opening laser cut

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Contact the previous owner and see what he says and then the manufacturer . It would help to know the brand and model number of the machine for people on here who might have one just like yours.
    Hi Bill, I got it to work I kept playing with the dongle and it works. Now I'm not sure if I should take it out or just leave it in. If I take it out it might not work again. I wonder if you could just buy a dongle for laser cut 5.3 just for a backup. I appreciate your help in the matter as well as everyone else for their help.

Hi Roy,
    As I just told Bill after me putting it in and out a hundred times it finally worked. Wondering if you could buy just a dongle just for a backup and what it would cost. Good luck with your installs I hope everything goes smoothly. Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.