Thread: TRITON 3.25HP Router

TRITON 3.25HP Router

Does anyone have the Triton 3.25HP router and if so, how do you like it? I just picked on up at a special Rockler was running. $335 Router plus a free $79 Triton finish sander for $249. I'm looking for a hefty router for a router table and this bad boy was recommended. Comments, likes, dislikes before I unbox it?

you'll get a ton of feed back on routers over at routerforums. I've only heard good things about it. I use a 3hp Makita and 2hp Dewalt for small profiles.
    -Lud

Hello Gary
    I just got mine about a week ago and so far very happy with it. I think for the money you can't go wrong.
    What I really like is the lift and the above the table bit change. The fine adjustment is very smooth.
    I ordered the Kreg plate that was drilled for this router and the two together work great.

Hope this helps, Bob

I've had one for about 2 years, it's a workhorse. I bought a second one a couple of months ago for an additional router table I built.
    Triton is now serviced and supported by Kreg.

Blog Entries
    Dad has run the smaller version for years. Very satisfactory. For less than the cost of a good lift you have a router that is actually designed to be used in a table; easily removable springs, well thought out above the table controls, etc. I think you will be quite happy with it.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    I have one in my router table. Love it. Great above the table bit change. It's like having a router lift but a lot less expensive.

I have had the 2.1/2 hp version for 5 years in the router table,I have 4 more routers but this one is the go to router in my hobby shop,the lift is just extra bonus but I would have bought it with or without that feature.
    Very good router all around,some users complain about the on/off switch/safety switch being awkward but I have no problem with it.

I have one in my router table. I've had it for a couple of years now. I like it a lot.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.